The Hookah Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hookah Thread

Well, hanging out with people in college more, a new phenomenon has come into my life. the Hookah, for those who don't know what a Hookah is or have never smoked from one, it's a Middle eastern Water pip generally smoked with ma'assel *aka Shisha* which is thick syrupy flavored tobacco coming in many varietys in company and flavor, the top players probably being Nakhla, Al-Fakher, Starbuzz, and Al-Waha. I learned more about this by visiting a Local Hookah cafe here in Denver, and found a very laid back yet classy environment. so after a few weeks of hanging out there making new friends and enjoying the flavor of Strawberry daquiri smoke, Today I purchased my first Hookah and now just waiting for it to come via snail mail.

>>>>>>this is it [media]http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/pc/catalog/Ultra_Nile_Hookah_L.jpg[/media]

so this thread is for those who use, own, or are interested in hookah's!, tell us about your favourite brand of Tobacco, ask questions, or post story's.

Re: The Hookah Thread

. . . I have had plenty of those... we called them something else though.. i think it was an Asian Variety, it was called a Tong or a Vong or something of that nature, but the tobacco was nice, it was a little hard to come by, I mean you had to "Know" who to ask, to find some. That and sometimes I would get real hungry afterwords... I stopped when I started getting paranoid.. Funny thing though.. Ciggarettes... they dont make me paranoid at all, and I smoke like 10-15 of those a day! That "Vong" tobacco, heck just a couple pulls and I woud be paranoid for like 2 hours.. Funny

In all seriousness I did smoke some Peach tobacco out of a Hookah recently... Surprisingly good.. It really tasted like Peach.. and it was Sweet.. If I was going to sit around with my buds playing Pente and smoking our Hookahs I would have to have my own Mouthpiece.. Im a "Germophobe"...

That kind of makes me curious.. Is there some specific smoking Etiquette one needs to consider with Hookas.. ??

Comment

http://www.hookahculture.com/hookah_..._etiquette.htm

^^ some good things to know, and go by

Comment

" Please do not misrepresent the fez "
        Thank you
        I have experienced hookahs but, like Pancho, it was domestically produced aromatherapy product and not the flavored kind.

Comment

" Please do not misrepresent the fez "
          Thank you
          I have experienced hookahs but, like Pancho, it was domestically produced aromatherapy product and not the flavored kind.

Comment

Yes, I discovered the wonder that is shisha about a year ago. There's a tea house near were I live where you can borrow one for a while. When you get yours Sticky, expect some trial an error before you get it right. When you have some one good make one it's really awesome. Smooth, sweet, easy, lot's of smoke.

Comment

that's probably what Attracted me to this company and hookah Obi. Obviously my first, I've heard some very good things from this package, most notably.

Nammor Hose - very open easy pull hose, it's washable which is definitely a +
              Heba Defuser - goes on the bottom of the stem, and turns the large bubbles into small ones, accomplishes two things, Cools the smoke quicker, and increases the level of filteration, all these things attracted me to the deal, the pipe itself also has 100% Positive feedback over some 20 customers or so. Also ordered Coco-nara coals and starbuzz shisha, some of the best imho. the Order shipped this evening, so I should recieve it around monday-tuesday.

what is your favorite Maasell obi?

Comment

Starbuzz Blue Mist
                the only hookah tobacco i will smoke. if you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and buy a can.

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

BF2142-|TG-Irr| Steezer

CSS- Blood|TG-Irr|

Comment

Originally posted by RudeBoy View Post
                  Starbuzz Blue Mist
                  the only hookah tobacco i will smoke. if you haven't tried it, do yourself a favor and buy a can.
                  Ill second that and add Starbuzz Spice Chai. Its great if you are a fan of Big Red gum or anything that tastes similar.

Down at my local Hookah bar, we have experimented with tons of different combinations. Lemon Mint, Honey Lemon Mint (called Iced Tea), Blueberry Vanilla (called Waffle House) Chocolate Banana (called Dirty Monkey), and my all time favorite mix, real apple fruit added with Cinnamon tobacco. It tastes like real apple pie.

Comment

Me and my Baby. I love smoking shisha in this thing. Its a pretty good time. I think I'll try and procure another this trip.

Comment

Yep, the GF and I bought a hookah over the summer after visiting Mirage, a local hookah lounge.
                      Gotta second and third Starbuzz Blue Mist. It's pricey, but fantastic. Other than that, Al Fakher is the best imo. When we go to the lounge, we get a mixture of honey and plum.
                      "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                      EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                      PLAYSTATIONŽNetwork & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Great, now people I know (including myself) can't use "where my hookahs at?" as a slang wrap of "hooker", or we'd simply be asking where these devices are.

Curses.
                        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                          Great, now people I know (including myself) can't use "where my hookahs at?" as a slang wrap of "hooker", or we'd simply be asking where these devices are.

Curses.
                          Hehehe, if you lived in the original Baltimore, the hookers call you!

"Hey you! I'll perform for a sammich!"
                          Last edited by CingularDuality; 12-05-2008, 11:54 AM. Reason: language
                          "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."

Comment

we got 8 hookah <3er's, gonna 4th Starbuzz Blue mist, it's a good flavor, smoked it in the lounge a couple times with buddys, Might have to pick up a can tomorrow come to think.

Comment

Count yourself lucky you can go down to a local store to buy shisha. I have to order everything via the interwebs. There's a cigar store that sells some brands I've never heard of before. But none of the shops sell natural charcoal or the brands of shisha we prefer.

I think we saw the owner of the hookah lounge sell shisha to a customer once, but I figure I can probably get a better price from the online company than thru him.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...