Forget the Prius!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the Prius!

I want one of these instead: http://www.opb.org/programs/ofg/vide...ic-Drag-Racing

Re: Forget the Prius!

Really cool.
    Except the last part when the narrator says " ..and all without an ounce of air pollution."
    I didn't see a windmill so where does the power to charge the batteries come from ?

Comment

Stop nitpicking and just enjoy. This guy and others like him are doing more for our future than the big 3. Think of it that way.

Comment

it's not nitpicking
        it's a light hearted piece that makes you feel good but it is only half the story so that makes seem a little like agitprop to me.
        Electric cars would seem to make sense even if the power source is ultimately carbon based since one big plant could be more efficient and easier to monitor than thousands of cars but to not even mention that the power he is charging his car with comes from some coal fired plant somewhere is misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by Lusitano Louco View Post
          Stop nitpicking and just enjoy. This guy and others like him are doing more for our future than the big 3. Think of it that way.
          Don't worry about him. Don't feed the trolls :)
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Actually they are currently testing a CO2 converter that might eliminate the CO2 produced from coal plants 100%! The catch? The CO2 from the plant is fed into a tank to feed algae to create a biofuel. A plant in Oregon is already doing testing.

As to the OP... I've heard of similar teams working on electric drag racers, but I hadn't seen this one yet. Nice find.

~ Draken

Comment

I want one too! The only draw back I saw (for now) 60+ batteries!

Also, don't forget the Tesla!

Just can't wait until battery technology advances more.

I race brushless r/c cars and we use Lithium Polymer, but they are extremely flammable.

Comment

For $8k, you can get your own electric race bike: http://www.electricmotorsport.com/st...ycle_gpr-s.php

My brother just started working for this company (it's still in start-up phase)... I'm trying to get more details about the bike's performance....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X