X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cna yuo raed tihs?

Cna yuo raed tihs?
    Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. Bucsaee of the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Re: Cna yuo raed tihs?

Let me translate for the brain dead:

Originally posted by Translated
    Can you read this?
    Only 55% of people can.

I couldn't believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. Because of the phenomenal power of the human mind, according to a research at Cambridge University, it doesn't matter what order the letters in the word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. Amazing huh? Yeah and I always thought spelling was important!
    First off: I thought you were another one of those brain dead kiddie gamers with a 1st grade education and a 14 year old mind.

Secondly: I was wrong, but this seriously reads like "net speak", which is garbage and requires more eyestrain and brain cells than I feel like wasting on one paragraph, much less an entire page.

Thirdly: Could you post a link to the article where you found this Cambridge research study results?
    Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 12-05-2008, 07:46 PM.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Precisely. That's why I was able to read the title, and your above paragraph, probably faster than I can read normal text.

http://www.mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk/~mattd/Cmabrigde/

All of this isn't anything new, it's been around for years.
      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
        Precisely. That's why I was able to read the title, and your above paragraph, probably faster than I can read normal text.
        Heh...guess you're reading my translation now?
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
          Heh...guess you're reading my translation now?
          After I posted my reply, yes.
          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams

Comment

Thank you for the linky Spulat. :)
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I've seen this before as well, and both times I've taken a look at it said WTF? Then started reading it like it was 12pt bold Time New Roman.

~ Draken

Comment

Try reading it faster so that you aren't concentrating on each letter if you can't initially read it. Anyone that took a Psychology class would most likely be familiar with the study, so take a Psychology class :). There's tons of other fun mind games/tricks out there as well.

Comment

its new to me and i dint know it was out for many years until now. but thanks for the news

Comment

I'd be thinking this would work for any language with an alphabet?
                    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                      I'd be thinking this would work for any language with an alphabet?
                      It depends on the mechanics of the language. All languages don't use the same Latin alphabet.

Comment

Chinese isn't based on the Latin alphabet. Good luck trying it on an Asian language.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I know with an install of Joomla (CMS) it had the same paragraph on the front page.

Comment

I had no problem reading that but "leetspeak" often confounds me.
                            Generational thing I guess.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X