Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Viewing of A Documentary

http://blip.tv/file/1356143/

Watch the video, not asking for you to watch the entire thing, not even half of it... Just watch enough of it so you have a opinion. I'm just looking for some serious views on the documentary... I know we got some cops in here so what're your views, also do/may have some occasional weed smokers; what are your views? I thought the video pointed out some controversies pretty nicely.
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: Free Viewing of A Documentary

I only watched 4 minutes of it but I can guess the rest and I agree.
    It should be legal, in all forms.
    Tobacco, on the other hand, should be illegal completely.

Comment

98 views and this is the only opinion? Anyone think that cannabis will ever be decriminalized or even legalized in the US?
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

No time to watch. Besides, we've already had this discussion and it's not something that I'm particularly passionate about.

Legalization is only a matter of time.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

98 views and this is the only opinion? Anyone think that cannabis will ever be decriminalized or even legalized in the US?
          In my lifetime, yes. Even to rational non-smokers, the fact that getting caught with a little pot sends non-violent kids to jail for years (mandatory minimum sentencing) should be alarming. It seems exceedingly irrational that if you get caught smoking pot:

1) You could lose your job due to stringent drug tests.
          2) Be unable to find a job if you were already out of work, due to mandatory drug tests.
          3) Carry a conviction that you will have to disclose to pretty much any real job you apply at.
          4) Get kicked out of your apartment and home, then potentially become homeless.
          5) Might be pressured to rat out your friends (who may even go to prison for many years if they sold any amount of pot) just to save yourself.

The list goes on and on. It's a sick game the government is playing and major corporations are implicit with.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Just looking at the cost alone to arrest process and try each individual who is cuaght with any amount is completely ridiculous. The amount of tax payer dollars used in the "war" on drugs especially Pot is amazing. And my opinion is coming from a person who has never smoked any ever. Maybe not complete legalization, but personal amounts should be legal.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

legalize and tax it == California's budget problem solved :p

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                Just looking at the cost alone to arrest process and try each individual who is cuaght with any amount is completely ridiculous. The amount of tax payer dollars used in the "war" on drugs especially Pot is amazing. And my opinion is coming from a person who has never smoked any ever. Maybe not complete legalization, but personal amounts should be legal.
                I think its 4-8% of the population in the US is in prison or on parole, US prisons are overflowing as it is to the point where they make makeshift prisons where lunchrooms were supposed to be and etc. The most common reason Americans are in prison is drug related and "Cannabis arrests now comprise nearly 47.5 percent of all drug arrests in the United States." Think it through and its ovbious that even if cannabis was only decriminalized our prison systems would have a lot more breathing room.

Despite the "war on drugs" every year since 2002 the amount of cannabis related arrests have gone up. Personally I see no reason to arrest someone for recreationally using a substance thats less harmful than alcohol or tobacco/nicotine.

Comment

Well one reason to arrest them is it's easy, they're stoned and not paying much attention.

Comment

i dont think you can say its less harmful then alcohol and tobacco. Both of those can be harmless if done responsibly. Ive seen/known may kids who screwed their lives up becuase all they wanted to do was get high. IVe even fired a few people because they couldnt understand why i dint want them high at work. It was either a job or get high and they choose to get high.

anything can be harmless if done with discretion and responsibility.
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

http://www.saferchoice.org/content/view/24/53/

and as for cannabis vs. tobacco, I too know a few who have gotten addicted I guess you could say to the drug, but when you try to relate the deaths attributed to cannabis compared to the deaths attributed to tobacco it almost seems unreal..

Tobacco is also primarily used in the form of a cigarette, of course different cigarettes have different things in them but heres also a list of what I guess was approved by the US govt. to be in cigarettes http://quitsmoking.about.com/cs/nico...ngredients.htm
                      (bottom of list, click next and it goes on)

Ways of taking in weed (THC I mean) can be anywhere from smoking it, eating it or drinking it. Smoking it is probably the most harmful way but vaporizors and water pipes (yes, bongs..) are just as common as blunts and joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                        Tobacco is highly addictive, kinda hard to do with "discretion" and inhaling smoke of any kind can hardly be called responsible.

Comment

i dont think you can say its less harmful then alcohol and tobacco. Both of those can be harmless if done responsibly. Ive seen/known may kids who screwed their lives up becuase all they wanted to do was get high. IVe even fired a few people because they couldnt understand why i dint want them high at work. It was either a job or get high and they choose to get high.

They screwed their lives up because they weren't responsible for themselves. The direct health effects from tobacco/alcohol are probably far worse on the body than the THC from pot. Although you have to throw in the mix that if you smoke it, you're smoking all the stuff that could have been growing on that as well, along with some stems if you're lazy which makes it harder on your lungs. Also getting drunk and high at the same time is hard on your heart (which could cause problems later in life).

I was a daily pot smoker for a number of years and I had to cut way back because I was becoming more susceptible to colds/bronchitis and other respiratory problems due to smoke inhalation. It was also a lot easier to live a more sedentary lifestyle. Although some of the best times I've had in my life was when I was with a bunch of friends playing music while high. I guess you have to start accomplishing life goals sometime. That 'mild happiness' you get from doing those things is far greater than being high and depressed.

It's also nice not to have a stoner voice now, because I got a un-spoken stigma against me from other people and my family. I had to lie about smoking cigarettes to cover for the scratchy voice etc... I was never a big tobacco smoker.

I try to have a lot of compassion for people who've drug abuse problems since I know how easy it is to let your problems overwhelm you. It's sad to see first hand what prohibition does to otherwise good people.

Ways of taking in weed (THC I mean) can be anywhere from smoking it, eating it or drinking it. Smoking it is probably the most harmful way but vaporizors and water pipes (yes, bongs..) are just as common as blunts and joints.
                          Eating is the safest method since it completely bypasses the smoke. I wonder if there has been any indepedent research on the long term affects of THC on the brain. Especially after the user has quit for quite a while and the temporary day to day affects on your mind wear off. I'm thinking that under this climate of fear and intimidation under government prohibition, its hard to get scientifically neutral studies without political interference.
                          Last edited by aeroripper; 12-15-2008, 11:26 PM.
                          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

It is impossible.
                            They will not give you money to study it if you say you are not going to find negative effects.
                            Like the British health system saying 25% of weed smokers will be schizophrenic at the same time the UK is stiffening laws against it.
                            It won't be long, NJ has a med-Mari bill coming up and NY is at least talking about it.
                            Since Bloomy wants to tax soda-pop I think making weed legal would help the populace choke down all the healthy food they are about to force on us.
                            A win-win for everyone.

Comment

News with Mass., Slightly Decriminalized

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/v...hoice/BO93951/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X