Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blackwater Guards charged for shooting in Iraq

Originally posted by D_Ronin View Post

They protect U.S officials, not Iraqi citizens.
    Iraqi Government officials aka Iraqi Citizens have been under the protection of Blackwater. Blackwater I believe to this day has not lost anyone they have been protecting, blackwater has lost employees but no one has been lost under their watchful eye.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by D_Ronin View Post

Imagine what would have happened if a drunken Iraqi shot Dick Cheney's bodyguard. Would we have sent him packing in a plane with a fluffy pillow so he could fly home and avoid prosecution? Hell no. People would have demanded blood.
      The Secret Service protects Dick Cheney.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

How long ago did this happen? If these guys are guilty of any wrong doing at all. Why did it take our flawlessly perfect and totally honest government all this time to charge them? Does anybody else smell fish? They may not be saints, but just because they carry rifles to work don't make them cold blooded killers.
        sigpic

Comment

I heard about this spring, but it looks like it happened around September: 2007..........You can thank Lawyers for this lawyers love to drag things out.....
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Ready for some irony? My younger brother (former Marine). Who knows nothing about this thread or what I have been writing about, mentioned to me today he was considering joining Blackwater.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charcoal_Grey View Post
              Ready for some irony? My younger brother (former Marine). Who knows nothing about this thread or what I have been writing about, mentioned to me today he was considering joining Blackwater.

why not i hear they pay good.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                why not i hear they pay good.
                That's why he is considering it. He's tired of not working being a member of the Bricklayers and Tile Setters Union in upstate New York.
                sigpic

Comment

you get some good missions and operators and some bad, just like any job.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

If he qualifies and if he is thinking strongly about it, go for it.

Blackwater's training site is amazing, police department and federal agencies from all over train and are shown techniques, and i remember watching the SWAT Team Championships on ESPN2 in the 90's and later found out it took place at the blackwater training grounds.

They also do a lot of screening checks etc......

The Founders of Blackwater are rooted from the NAVY SEALS and Delta Force Operators.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

As I understand things US citizens are bound by US law no matter where they travel in the world. If the prosecutors think they can bring a case and make it stick then they should go for it, and let the courts and the jury decide matters. It seems the use of mercenaries in Iraq has resulted in a major loss of face for both America and the American armed services. If these guys really are responsible for firing on a crowd without reason it'll come out in trial. If they're not, it'll come out in trial. And whatever happens it should help to refine the way the government uses mercenary troops in a warzone.

Comment

The whole incident sounds like scapegoating to me (premeditated at that).
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

And just a quick recap on the facts:

1) The guards from Blackwater were protecting a "US diplomatic convoy" from CNN, they disobeyed orders by moving into the circle, LA Times.

2) The US Soldiers who arrived on the scene said that it didn't look like the guards were fired upon, LA Times.

3) From this NY Times article, Jeremy Ridgeway, the guard that has already plead guilty, has said they opened fire on the white sedan before giving any warnings.

Oh, and my opinion on the things. I'm fine with the indictment.

Also, here's an AP article that also gives a description of the events, and the LA Times article that gives much more details about the events.
                          Last edited by Birdman1011395; 12-09-2008, 10:32 PM. Reason: Clean up after research
                          BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
                          CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

I wasn't there, I don't have and do not know the "facts", and consequentially can't comment on the indictment. It's up to the court to hear the evidence and decide the defendants' fates.

Hey, this may fall in the realm of semantics, but could we not refer to contract employees of Blackwater (or any other security contractor) as "operators"? They're contractors, if you must attach a HSLD name to them. Save the "operator" moniker for the super sneaky ninja military dudes, like the folks in Delta or the supermen in SAS.

Comment

I wasn't calling them operators. Blackwetar was started by former special forces operators. *edit* i see you were referring to trooper.
                              Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 12-10-2008, 09:01 AM.
                              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                                Hey, this may fall in the realm of semantics, but could we not refer to contract employees of Blackwater (or any other security contractor) as "operators"? They're contractors, if you must attach a HSLD name to them. Save the "operator" moniker for the super sneaky ninja military dudes, like the folks in Delta or the supermen in SAS.
                                Even better would be if we save it for the elite folks at AT&T, Pacific Bell, and Verizon. :row__738:
                                Become a supporting member!
                                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X