Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blackwater Guards charged for shooting in Iraq

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
    I wasn't there, I don't have and do not know the "facts", and consequentially can't comment on the indictment. It's up to the court to hear the evidence and decide the defendants' fates.

Hey, this may fall in the realm of semantics, but could we not refer to contract employees of Blackwater (or any other security contractor) as "operators"? They're contractors, if you must attach a HSLD name to them. Save the "operator" moniker for the super sneaky ninja military dudes, like the folks in Delta or the supermen in SAS.
    my apologies i was using a media term.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Note to self: No longer refer to specialized paramilitary personnel as operators. Instead, continue to use the terms armed thugs, mercs and civilian employees. Apparently the term only fits certain other specialized military personnel and it's improper use will trigger unwelcome response from the public.
      sigpic

Comment

PMC's are guns for hire.

They do not raise their right hands and swear to protect and serve. No, they are contracted monetarily. They do not earn an Airman's coin, a bloodstripe, a beret... nothing. They're guns for hire.

Morality of PMC's is questioned because they do not put the nation's interests first - they put their greed first. That's why they are in the business - because it pays out the butt!

I never liked the power of Blackwater to begin with...

HOWEVER; Due process of the law, gentlemen. These men may be guilty, they may be innocent - I'll just wait and see.
        Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
          PMC's are guns for hire.

They do not raise their right hands and swear to protect and serve. No, they are contracted monetarily. They do not earn an Airman's coin, a bloodstripe, a beret... nothing. They're guns for hire.

Morality of PMC's is questioned because they do not put the nation's interests first - they put their greed first. That's why they are in the business - because it pays out the butt!

I never liked the power of Blackwater to begin with...

HOWEVER; Due process of the law, gentlemen. These men may be guilty, they may be innocent - I'll just wait and see.
          You make it sound like they are a bunch of pirates running around doing whatever they please. The men and women that serve in our armed forces are under contract. They too are compensated in cash, every thirty days or bi monthly. Blackwater has a chain of command. They have a mission to accomplish just as their military counterparts. True, they don't have a challenge coin or Beret. And they didn't take an oath to protect nor defend the constitution. You qualified your opinion when you said "I never liked the power of Blackwater to begin with...". So, you'll have to excuse me for having a contrary opinion to yours. They have more in common with the military than not.
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X