Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ill. Gov arrested in conspiracy to fill Obama senate seat. ***Warning: language***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill. Gov arrested in conspiracy to fill Obama senate seat. ***Warning: language***

I case you haven't heard yet:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081209/...rruption_probe

The audacity of some people. Can we get any honest politicians???
    I love this:
    Blagojevich took the chief executive's office in 2003 as a reformer promising to clean up former Gov. George Ryan's mess.

Ryan, a Republican, is serving a 6-year prison sentence after being convicted on racketeering and fraud charges.
    Ill. knows how to turn out great politicians!

Re: Ill. Gov arrested in conspiracy to fill Obama senate seat.

Amazing.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yep.

I would say more, but really, what else is new? This is pretty much par for the course.

Comment

"I've got this thing and it's f***ing golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for f***in' nothing..." [said Blagojevich].

Told by two other advisers he has to "suck it up" for two years, the FBI says it heard Blagojevich complain he has to give this "motherf***er [the president-elect] his senator. F*** him. For nothing? F*** him."

The governor is heard saying he will pick another candidate "before I just give f***ing [Senate Candidate l] a f***ing Senate seat and I don't get anything."
        And more:

http://cafehayek.typepad.com/hayek/2...r-charmin.html
        A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Saw it on several news channels here a few hours ago.

I'm sure Mayor Daley will give some sort of speech later in the day.

A bit shocked myself, one would think that after Ryan politicians would have smartened up. Apparently not.

Wonder when Daley will get the noose...
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Oh don't you guys love polotics?
            I think it's funny how he had to give up his car AND firearms ownership card.

Comment

They must think the laws are for everyone else. Or they are just stupid. Maybe both.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
                Ill. knows how to turn out great politicians!
                *Sigh* Is it going to be 4 years of this?

To be fair, I didn't vote for Blagojevich.

However, those being considered for the post include: Reps. Jesse Jackson Jr.
                Oh HELLS no.

Comment

It is amazing how corrupt the system is there (most corrupt in the US) and how Obama just breezed through it without causing any tension. Palin on the other hand went up against the corrupt establishment and won.
                  Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

I saw in the news tonight that the Gov was interviewed the day before he was arrested, and was asked about rumors that he was under investigation. He basically said 'they don't have jack on me and I don't think they have the fortitude to even try.' Though he also said (again paraphrasing) that 'he would welcome an open investigation versus cloak and dagger whatever.'

I hope this guy enjoys prison, so much so that he spends the rest of his life there.

~ Draken

EDIT: A direct quote of the Gov as recently as Monday, he told reporters: "I don't care whether you tape me privately or publicly. I can tell you that whatever I say is always lawful."
                    Last edited by DrakenViator; 12-10-2008, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Dirty politicians/cops/feds should get 3x the punishment that would've been normal.. Would hopefully deter a lot from ever going corrupt..
                      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

When will the question be asked of his highness ?
                        What did you know and when did you know it ?
                        Fitz should impale him the same way he did to Libby, and I have already heard conflicting stories from Obama and Axelrod.
                        Culture of corruption hunh ?

Comment

"FBI Special Agent-in-Charge in Chicago Robert Grant said he was asked by reporters when he first started the investigation 'whether or not Illinois is the most corrupt state in the United States.'

'And I didn't answer that question, yes or no, and I can't answer that question today. I don't have 49 other states to compare it with.But I can tell you one thing: If it isn't the most corrupt state in the United States, its certainly one hell of a competitor,' he said."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032619/#28147695 (about 1:45 in)

lol

()

Comment

Originally posted by KomradeObama View Post
                            When will the question be asked of his highness ?
                            What did you know and when did you know it ?
                            Fitz should impale him the same way he did to Libby, and I have already heard conflicting stories from Obama and Axelrod.
                            Culture of corruption hunh ?
                            Are you just unaware of facts or do you simply ignore them? The term 'motherf_cker' doesn't really conjure up thoughts of close ties. Obama's administration didn't play ball with this guy, and Fitzgerald said so himself in his press conference yesterday. You really need to get some glasses, man.

#4 on Digg today:

Blagojevich in a conversation intercepted by federal agents calls Obama a “motherf----r” and dismisses Obama’s unwillingness to strike a deal: “F—k him.”

The complaint refers several times to Blagojevich’s effort to win concessions from Obama in exchange for appointing “Senate Candidate 1,” who is described as “an adviser to the President-elect” to Obama’s vacant seat.

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
                              I saw in the news tonight that the Gov was interviewed the day before he was arrested, and was asked about rumors that he was under investigation. He basically said 'they don't have jack on me and I don't think they have the fortitude to even try.' Though he also said (again paraphrasing) that 'he would welcome an open investigation versus cloak and dagger whatever.'

I hope this guy enjoys prison, so much so that he spends the rest of his life there.

~ Draken

EDIT: A direct quote of the Gov as recently as Monday, he told reporters: "I don't care whether you tape me privately or publicly. I can tell you that whatever I say is always lawful."
                              Yes...speaks much about the guy.

I just hope his replacement is better. Right now, I haven't liked our last two governors one darn bit.
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X