Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MagPul Box Gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdugid8BBmI

This is an interesting concept. Too bad they aren't manufacturing them...

"Only in America would someone create a gun that requires folding, and then do the folding with the gun pointed at your chest in the demonstration."
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: MagPul Box Gun

That is pretty darn slick. I've been thinking about getting a Henry Survival rifle to keep in my backpack just for the heck of it, but it sure doesn't get into action as fast as that MagPul gun...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I wanted one of those survival rifles soooo bad when I was a kid.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I could see the Air Force buying those for emergency bags. My Uncle was an Air Force Trainer during Vietnam, and he showed me the rifle that they would include in the drop pack for when a pilot went down. It was very similar to the Henry Survival rifle, but break action, and had two caliber barrels. One was a .22 the other was I thought a .45 Google said a .410 shotgun.

Ah here it is... Or at least one very similar. (Thanks Google)

A Springfield Armory / CZ purpose built survival rifle.

The M6 survival rifle is no longer in production, but they do surface on the used market every now and then. Manufactured for Springfield by CZ in the Czech Republic, and Ithica at one time, the M6 is an over / under breakdown design featuring 22LR or Hornet and .410 shotgun barrels. The cheekpiece lifts to reveal storage for 12 .22 rounds and four .410 shells. The unconventional trigger is designed for ease of use with a gloved or possibly injured hand, however the civilian version trigger guard prevenst the rifle from folding fully. The M6 is easily taken down into 2 pieces for compact carry and storage. Air Force pilots generally just carry a side arm nowadays, with the advent of GPS and location devices such as EPIRBs, ELT's, and PLB's a survival rifle has become somewhat obsolete from a military perspective. That said, the M6 is still prized by those who own it, many of whom swear by it. The original $200 sticker price is likely not what you will pay if you find one, usually $300 is where they start.

~ Can be broken down easily.
        ~ Durable construction.
        ~ Ultra Light - 2.5 lbs.
        ~ integrated .410 ga. shotgun
        ~ On board shell carrying.
        ~ Good Accuracy.
        ~ Caliber: .22LR / .410
        ~ Operation: Single Shot break
        ~ Draken

Comment

That fore grip is waay too small, the way he was holding it it looks like he'd blow his fingers off if he started firing...

Cool concept though, I know from where I'm from you would probably get the cops called on you if you were carrying a firearm, even completely legally. People can be pretty paranoid...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Or get your dog to do the talking lol

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
              That fore grip is waay too small, the way he was holding it it looks like he'd blow his fingers off if he started firing...
              Many prefer the stubby VFG: http://tangodown.com/shop/product_in...roducts_id=101

I don't want a VFG on my rifle at all, thanks anyway...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Heh, remind me of the laptop gun from Perfect Dark.

Comment

That was so freaking badass. And 20 bucks says the military, CIA, NSA, etc. already has it.

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                  Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                  Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

but in a briefcase. A button or yank and the briefcase falls away leaving the gun popping out and open.
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49xs6aTuRiA[/media]
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                        [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49xs6aTuRiA[/media]
                        Where is the brass supposed to go? :D

I like the mentality of the guy in the first one. "Say you're walking your dog, and things get nasty and you need immediate action... instant machine gun!"

Comment

Say you're walking your dog, and things get nasty and you need immediate action... Make that damn dog work off some of the aplo, training lessons, and worming medication you've been feeding it!

Dog. The original piecemaker. Now available in "That's not a dog, that's an ugly horse with a dental problem!"

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
                            Dog. The original piecemaker.
                            Deliberate misspelling? ;)
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X