Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's with the general classlessness of anti-Obama people?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the general classlessness of anti-Obama people?

I'm really trying to understand why Obama has had the worst reception amongst the opposing party - during McCain's concession speech, the crowd echoed the mentality I've come to expect - never before has a concession speech had the opponent's name greeted with jeers and booing. (Kerry concession - Gore concession). Honestly, I think McCain was utterly embarassed by the behavior of the crowd, which is a shame, because McCain's speech was wonderful on its own.

People at my work (yeah, military) talk about how they can't wait until Obama gets assassinated - kids would chant 'Kill Obama' - We have one member who (re?) registered specifically so he could make a trite political statement.

Is there a legitimate answer to the question of the immaturity Republicans have put forth in regards to Obama's candidacy? Is there an answer that doesn't border on lunacy and crackpot conspiracy theories?

Yes, some people are insane and think George Bush plotted 9/11. These theories are no less insane than thinking Obama helped blow up the Pentagon in 1972. I believe that this is because of prorogation of information through email, and that people tend to be genuinely gullible - look at how many people believed (and still believe) in the Amero hoax.

This goes back to a question I've posed before here - is this petty bickering, sensationalizing, and 'truth enhancing' going to go on for four years? Obama hasn't even served a day in office and I'm already tired of hearing how he's ruined the country.

I'm actually somewhat inclined to believe it's closet racism. Thoughts?

Re: What's with the general classlessness of anti-Obama people?

I am not going to comment directly as per previous political threads in the Sandbox.

I will say the same goes for the general classlessness of anti-Palin, McCain, and Ron Paul people. Plus, with many politicians not doing anything until Obama is sworn in, it only fuels op-ed and editorial pieces and articles, plus people/bloggers/reporters/the media in general love to talk trash/spread negative vibes no matter what.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
      is this petty bickering, sensationalizing, and 'truth enhancing' going to go on for four years? Obama hasn't even served a day in office and I'm already tired of hearing how he's ruined the country.

I'm actually somewhat inclined to believe it's closet racism. Thoughts?
      Short answer: yes. It will continue past his first four years and even into his second term (if he has a second term).

Most of these critizers are hypocrites. The minute something turns out right (or a series of things turn out right), they all climb onboard the Obama wagon. The minute it looks bad, they all jump ship.

Trying to stay objective myself and look past all of this bashing and smashing. Like Uranium, I can't stand to look at the media political debates and such right now.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
        I will say the same goes for the general classlessness of anti-Palin, McCain, and Ron Paul people.
        Can you offer examples? It's one thing to say 'I don't like Palin because of [Bridge to Nowhere]' It's another thing entirely to make utterly asinine accusations that are provably false - ie: Blagojevich is pissed because the Obama campaign refused to have anything to do with him or how he conducts business, yet right away people are trying to implicate Obama into the corruption scandal.

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
        Most of these critizers are hypocrites. The minute something turns out right (or a series of things turn out right), they all climb onboard the Obama wagon. The minute it looks bad, they all jump ship.
        Now that I think about it, I think it's funny that generally when Bush politics are brought up, everyone denies voting for him, even though statistically half of them did. (ie: "I didn't vote for Bush, I voted for [obscure third party]").

Comment

racism ?

So you think people would accept a junior senator with extremely limited experience, a far left voting record, (where one exists) and a whole bunch of questionable friends and associates................but only if he was white ?

Comment

same could be said about any party that doesnt win an election. They are going to bitch and moan til they are blue in the face, then blame something stupid as to why they dint win.

same could be said about anti-bush people as well.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by KomradeObama View Post
              racism ?

So you think people would accept a junior senator with extremely limited experience, a far left voting record, (where one exists) and a whole bunch of questionable friends and associates................but only if he was white ?
              You expect for even a moment that I'm going to actually believe your vehement hatred of this guy is because he's only been a senator for 12 years?

How exactly was Bush's 6 years as governor any more relevant? How exactly did his massive amounts of experience benefit ANYTHING?

What about Plain's 2 years as governor? Sure wasn't going to stop Republicans from electing her as presidential successor...

What about Lincoln? The guy was a senator for less than 2 years.

12 years as a senator is 'inexperienced'?

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110007243 - Here, go compare the political experience of the top 10 picks on this list, and tell me how many of them have substantially more experience than Obama.

And the only one who is raising doubt about his "questionable friends and associates" are the conservative nutjobs like you - didn't I ask to give factual answers, not accusations based on hearsay and what Fox News, chain emails, and Conservapedia told you?

Comment

No comment. You've read the other thread to know how I feel.

Comment

You expect for even a moment that I'm going to actually believe your vehement hatred of this guy is because he's only been a senator for 12 years?

How exactly was Bush's 6 years as governor any more relevant? How exactly did his massive amounts of experience benefit ANYTHING?

What about Plain's 2 years as governor? Sure wasn't going to stop Republicans from electing her as presidential successor...

What about Lincoln? The guy was a senator for less than 2 years.

12 years as a senator is 'inexperienced'?

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110007243 - Here, go compare the political experience of the top 10 picks on this list, and tell me how many of them have substantially more experience than Obama.

And the only one who is raising doubt about his "questionable friends and associates" are the conservative nutjobs like you - didn't I ask to give factual answers, not accusations based on hearsay and what Fox News, chain emails, and Conservapedia told you?
                  yer prozac script run out ?
                  Take a breath there lil fella
                  I don't vehemently hate anyone, let alone a man I have never met.
                  But I guess it has to phrased that way so you can continue the ad hominem attack with "right wing nutjob" .

Did I at any time defend criminals that happen to be Republican ?

Nope, I don't like cheaters, in any form.

You can ask me anything you like, but your tone suggests it is a command, in which case I'm sure you know where to find the appropriate receptacle for that notion.

There are many people raising questions about his associations in the MSM, now, after the election.
                  Reznick was dirty, very dirty and he was a close associate of Obama who made a very sketchy land deal with him that was overlooked by everyone but the conservative press.

That is what makes you so angry isn't it ?

That are outlets for different points of view and those outlets are consistently supported by market forces.

Sorry buddy, I am more or less middle of the road on most things but I don't want another 9/11 and the President Elect and his party will ready to declare defeat not to long ago and that is a large part of my dislike for yet another slimy, lying, opportunistic politician.

You have to learn to accept the fact that the "right wing nutjobs" make up a large part of the country and you don't.

EDIT: isn't the title of the thread about a lack of class ?
                  I have a question for you then, do you think your post was "classy" ?

Comment

Exactly what part did you take offense to? Nutjob? If you took offense to that, that's your problem. Did I not point out that there's liberal nutjobs too? There's a hell of a lot more evidence to substantiate claims that the Bush admin engineered 9/11 than there are that Obama is a terrorist. But there's even more evidence that points out that they were unrelated completely. The whole point of conspiracy theorists / "nutjobs" is that they're never going to back down from their position and will fabricate 'proof' from anything to fit their agenda.

But to answer your question, I can consider myself classy for the sole fact that I didn't name myself 'FurherMcCain' and then photoshop a picture of him in the middle of a writhing mass of naked 8 year old boys, much less spend the entire campaign bad-mouthing him for trivial and unsubstantiated claims. McCain broke as a POW and violated the United States Code of Conduct, yet the Obama administration and Democrats never felt the need to drag his name through the mud because of it.

Let me ask you this then - what part of politics do you find favorable? Who was your choice, and if you're 'moderate', why did you spend the entire election until the present complaining about liberal policies?

Finally, why did you mention his inexperience if you're going to avoid the point?

Comment

Let me ask you this then - what part of politics do you find favorable? Who was your choice, and if you're 'moderate', why did you spend the entire election until the present complaining about liberal policies?
                      I had to vote McCain, no other choice.
                      As a moderate I don't like hime because he is too liberal, but he was less liberal than Obama.

I didn't take offense, but you did call me a "right wing nutjob" which is an insult.
                      It shows a lack of class to not be able to make your point without calling people names.
                      Your idea of class is a lack of vulgar behavior while mine is slighty more proactive than that.

As far as photoshop goes, they did that to McCain, so there is another example of the mythical liberal tolerance for other viewpoints.
                      Darth Vader, on the other hand is a fictional character, unlike " Der Furher ", and the story behind the fictional character reveals that he was once good and was seduced by a hunger for power, a mild comment on the nature of our future leader who has done and said anything necessary to gain his power.
                      That does not in any way excuse the behavior of any other politician, past or present, living or dead.

Comment

double post.please delete

Comment

The details of this thread are quickly devolving into the same "classlessness" that you claim to be against, U-235, so I'll just leave you with one question: Have you been paying ANY attention to the comments made about Bush over the last eight years?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                            The details of this thread are quickly devolving into the same "classlessness" that you claim to be against, U-235, so I'll just leave you with one question: Have you been paying ANY attention to the comments made about Bush over the last eight years?
                            Assuming they both have the same levels of criticism aimed against them - Bush posed in front of a Nazi flag with a little 'stache, Obama being called a godless facist commie, the anti-Bush complaining has 8 years of presidency and real decisions behind them - the Obama people have... media spin?

Does that seem rational to you?

Have you seen the South Park about the election? It was really quite spot-on - all the McCain supporters built a bomb shelter convinced that the election of Obama spelled the end of the world, of America as they knew it. This isn't an exageration - go read the Obama / McCain threads, the McCaininites are convinced Obama is going to rape this country, steal all the money, sell us out, then escape to the Philippines like some sort of African warlord.

If you're going to hate a candidate, at least let them have some sort of presidency to complain about before you exclaim that Obama is clearly the worst president we've ever had.

Originally posted by KomradeObama View Post
                            Darth Vader, on the other hand is a fictional character, unlike " Der Furher ", and the story behind the fictional character reveals that he was once good and was seduced by a hunger for power, a mild comment on the nature of our future leader who has done and said anything necessary to gain his power.
                            On the flip side, Hitler was just trying to bring an utterly economically devastated Germany out by destroying its enemies and claiming Europe for the fatherland - Darth Vader built a planet-blasting weapon to annihilate billions of people he didn't like :D

Comment

Assuming they both have the same levels of criticism aimed against them - Bush posed in front of a Nazi flag with a little 'stache, Obama being called a godless facist commie, the anti-Bush complaining has 8 years of presidency and real decisions behind them - the Obama people have... media spin?

Does that seem rational to you? That's what I'm talking about!

Have you seen the South Park about the election? It was really quite spot-on - all the McCain supporters built a bomb shelter convinced that the election of Obama spelled the end of the world, of America as they knew it. This isn't an exageration - go read the Obama / McCain threads, the McCaininites are convinced Obama is going to rape this country, steal all the money, sell us out, then escape to the Philippines like some sort of African warlord.

If you're going to hate a candidate, at least let them have some sort of presidency to complain about before you exclaim that Obama is clearly the worst president we've ever had.
                              That is not an exaggeration ?
                              The McCaininites ?
                              Who are they exactly ?
                              It's not that the President-Select is promising Trillions of dollars we don't have and wants to release the Gitmo scum into the US.

Maybe if you got your news from someplace other than the comedy channel you might have a more accurate picture of the demographics of McCain supporters.

Kerostasis asked if you were paying attention to the last eight years and your answer was that he deserved it ?
                              I don't want to misquote you here but it sounds like you are dismissing 8 years of hateful vitriol and greatly overstating the dislike for Obama and the reasons for it, just like you did to me a few posts ago.
                              You might have heard some guy somewhere say something nasty but you haven't seen it on TV or in the papers the same way you saw it since BEFORE Bush was inaugurated.
                              You mentioned the September 11th "nutjobs" but failed to mention that they received a lot of prime time coverage whereas the wacko's talking about Obama as Muslim and the rest of that garbage were treated as they deserved, like nutjobs.

Do you think we will see a TV show like 'lil Bush made about Obama ?

CLASS: Informal : Elegance of style, taste, and manner: an actor with class.

You think the things you just said about 40 million Americans meets that criteria ?

I doubt it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X