Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American soldier, John Adam, captured and beheaded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American soldier, John Adam, captured and beheaded?

DUBAI (Reuters) - A little-known Iraqi insurgent group said on Tuesday it was holding a U.S. soldier and threatened to kill him within 72 hours if Iraqi prisoners were not released, according to an Internet statement.
    "Our mujahideen ... have managed to capture the American soldier John Adam after killing a number of his colleagues," said the Mujahideen Squadrons in the undated statement.

It carried a picture appearing to show a U.S. soldier sitting in front of a black banner with a rifle pointed at his head. The authenticity of the claim, which did not say where the man was seized, could not be verified.

"We will cut his throat in 72 hours if our male and female prisoners in the occupation jails are not released," it said.

A group using the same name, Mujahideen Squadrons, last month claimed responsibility for the kidnapping of a Brazilian engineer in Iraq.
    The good news is that a rescue mission is already planned:

Here's the problem:

It's not John Adam in the photo, it's actually "Special Ops Cody", an action figure:

If terrorist groups in Iraq are reduced to threatening to behead dolls, I'd say that's a clear indication that their powers to terrorize are weakening... Election day in Iraq saw 8 suicide bombings and over 8 million voters turning out to the polls. I read a story about an election officer that was forced to temporarily close a polling station after a suicide bomber attacked. The line to vote never left while the body was cleaned up, medical treatment administered and the security perimeter expanded!

Yes, when the terrorists are forced to play with dolls, I think that says something...
    Last edited by CingularDuality; 12-26-2005, 10:01 PM.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: American soldier, John Adam, captured and beheaded?

You know, if they put a little teeny bag over his head, I might have been fooled.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Hahahahahahahah!!! I'm sure they were patting themselves on the back, at how clever they are!!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Who did this? I heard a talking head on the idiot box talking about someone in the US doing it.
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

yeah I was wondering the same thing. I could see some kid or even the US military being behind it.

I like the teeny weeny bag idea. That might have worked.

It was a nice touch pointing his own fake gun at his own fake head. That's no way for a toy soldier to go out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
            Who did this? I heard a talking head on the idiot box talking about someone in the US doing it.
            I read elsewhere that it was first found on this website: http://www.ansarnet.ws/

I couldn't find their forums, though... Perhaps they don't link to them on their English site?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X