X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 kids is too many

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28309966/
    The same family from that TV show.

I find it hard to believe that all of those kids are getting the same amount of needed attention from their parents. I don't think this is right. Thoughts?

Re: 18 kids is too many

I'm with you on this, I may be ignorant of the situation since I'm not in it, but I find it hard to believe that all of the kids are really getting what they need (there's just not enough time in the day) from their parents and they are more interested in being an oddity.
    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
    -- Red Forman

Comment

I honestly do think all countries need to have a population control type law. Having 18 kids back in the 1600s or something like that might of been alright due to the fact that not many of them might have survived due to disease and whatever else but in a time like this having 18 kids is ridiculous especially when there are homeless kids in every city still,
      "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
      'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

At some point it almost seems like a marketing ploy....Every year have anew kid...more media Hype... Sell books and looks like he is creating his own Orchestra...

One hand I wanna say too much and on the other hand I don't want to impose my beliefs on another person if there is no harm done.

Now if proof was provided that there was neglect or anything along those lines then yea tie them tubes or Vasectomy...But if he can provide for them all without a burden on the tax system then I can't say foul.

I would really hate to see the In Law situation in about 12 years...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

Originally posted by Quest Shady View Post
          One hand I wanna say too much and on the other hand I don't want to impose my beliefs on another person if there is no harm done.
          I can not fathom having this many children, however, if they are being provided for, I agree with Shady, it's not my place to tell them how many kids they are allowed to have. Hell their 18 kids are a lot more behaved than my two kids are.

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
          especially when there are homeless kids in every city still,
          What does this family having 18 kids have to do with homeless kids? They claim to be a very religious family. I'm sure their church has the same stance on birth control that the Catholic church does and that God will provide for them. It's not that they necessarily WANTED 18 kids, they just didn't take any steps to prevent having that many children.

Originally posted by whistler View Post
          I find it hard to believe that all of those kids are getting the same amount of needed attention from their parents. I don't think this is right. Thoughts?
          How many parents of one or two children don't give their children the attention they need?
          Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

What..4 more years and they can have true game of Touch Football on Thanksgiving!! 11 on 11 baby!!.. Think of it... !! ..

well..Give it a decade... The infants can't catch..and certainly don't expect them to pickup the outside blitz..
            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I personally find it a bit obnoxious to have that many kids. I can't even fathom having more than 3! The reason I don't want more than 3, maybe 4 at the most is because I want to give my children as much quality time as possible.

I saw a great motivational poster on another website that showed the family and said, "Vag**a. It's not a clown car." I'll post it if you guys give me the go ahead.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                I saw a great motivational poster on another website that showed the family and said, "Vag**a. It's not a clown car." I'll post it if you guys give me the go ahead.
                I seriously doubt the medical definition for part of the female reproductive system (hence-forth referred to as "Vagina") will not run afoul of the language rules at TG.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                  I seriously doubt the medical definition for part of the female reproductive system (hence-forth referred to as "Vagina") will not run afoul of the language rules at TG.
                  That was my line of thinking, but I didn't want to take the chance of offending anyone. But, oh well. Here goes! :D

[media]http://www.apostropher.com/blog/img/clowncar.jpg[/media]
                  "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Like rabbits stuck in the same cage.

Comment

Is that house even big enough for all of those kids? It doesn't look like it's big enough...
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                        Is that house even big enough for all of those kids? It doesn't look like it's big enough...
                        Sure it is...

On the sub we had 120 Peeps in that 33' Round, 300' long tin can...

Just stack them in racks...Hot rack if they need to....LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

That would be one hell of a summer, stuck in the boiling hot house in arkansas with added body heat.. : \

Although I guess they would have AC..
                          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

She has the kids raising the kids. When you get to that point it is really wrong IMO. You can not burden a young child with having to raise their brother/sister just because mom and dad wont use some control. Each family is different and I do not support Govt to limit kids or anything (Unless you are on Govt assistance) but to me what they are doing is flat out wrong to all their kids.
                            Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

But why wouldnt anyone think govts should let a single family host 20+ kids? The population rises anyways and all governents should be prepared for droughts and/or for a couple years of bad farming so then food prices inflate and some people cant meet prices to eat everyday especially people in cities. Plus people are all about the environment now a days and double the population just means more emissions are going to be put out, along with more resources being needed (trees for paper, available drinking water, etc.etc.) and with hurting economys jobs are a lot harder to find for some people. Nature has a way with dealing with things, its generally just not very pretty.

Just quick google search theirs a overpopulation.org, if you go to why population matters theirs a list of facts in the 2nd and 4th paragraphs.

Plus everybody knows that that family is probably like this one; [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q4is6HVnYw[/media]

(joking, although maybe, haha still joking....)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X