Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So What

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So What

    So what. After eight long years of dragging the country to new depths of debt, social imbalance and economic failure, we get this interview with Bush during his 'victory tour' of Iraq (I won't even ask why he is doing a farewell tour when America's economy continues its collapse). So what. A multi-trillion dollar war started on falsely cooked pretenses and without any tangible plans past the initial invasion, complete failure of leadership (Bremer, Rumsfeld) during the interim, and an enemy (Bin Laden's Al Qaeda) still very much alive along with the governing force that harbored it for the past decade.

    On December 6, 2008, Bush gave a speech praising his legacy in the Middle East. As if the previous eight years were not too full of examples of how tragically out of touch with reality this man is, not four weeks later the world was treated to yet another escalation in Israel's continued regional conflicts.

    So what. I'd say that some in America may still be able to say that right now, but I'm not sure many can at this point in time.

    We can only hope that never again will the country witness the arrogant failures executed with smiles by Bush and Cheney.

  • #2
    Re: So What

    Originally posted by AMosely View Post
    So what. After eight long years of dragging the country to new depths of debt, social imbalance and economic failure, we get this interview with Bush during his 'victory tour' of Iraq (I won't even ask why he is doing a farewell tour when America's economy continues its collapse). So what. A multi-trillion dollar war started on falsely cooked pretenses and without any tangible plans past the initial invasion, complete failure of leadership (Bremer, Rumsfeld) during the interim, and an enemy (Bin Laden's Al Qaeda) still very much alive along with the governing force that harbored it for the past decade.

    On December 6, 2008, Bush gave a speech praising his legacy in the Middle East. As if the previous eight years were not too full of examples of how tragically out of touch with reality this man is, not four weeks later the world was treated to yet another escalation in Israel's continued regional conflicts.

    So what. I'd say that some in America may still be able to say that right now, but I'm not sure many can at this point in time.

    We can only hope that never again will the country witness the arrogant failures executed with smiles by Bush and Cheney.
    That's harsh, tell us Mosely how you really feel.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

    sigpic




    Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: So What

      As many know I've said too many times over the past seven years, the accumulating damage done by this administration is astounding to me, from the negligent intelligence (don't for a minute believe it was just Tenet's problem) to the last minute changes to the clean water act to make it easier for coal companies to remove entire appalachian mountain tops.

      Sure, some of the damage is changeable, some even just political posturing. Some of it is disgraceful, at least to me, especially the battle against environmental regulation and the horribly destructive (and fiscally wasteful) foreign policy. We'll be suffering the damage of the failed foreign policy for at least two generations to come. Radical Islam (no, not terrorism, which cannot be defeated any more than war itself can be) is not born of plain 'evil,' it is fueled by a twisted combination of disenfranchised Muslim youth and a stream of anti-American information served up by massive media outlets on the Internet and on satellite television (i.e. Al Jazeera). The policies and actions by this administration have served both far beyond any near-term victory or percieved political change, filling the propaganda coffers for years to come.

      I've recently heard someone saying 'when we defeat terrorism.' We won't. No one will. Not until the human race universally accepts peace as an absolute truth. A President should know this, and a number of other fundamental facts that the current President simply does not.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: So What

        How does the end of this administration compare to the end of that of Bush I, or Reagan? How about Ford and Eisenhower?
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

        snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

        Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: So What

          not another one of these. i give obama 4 years to completely collapse this country. So far he is well on his way.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: So What

            How can you say that ?
            We will have THE Leon Pannetta leading the CIA, nothing can go wrong !

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: So What

              I thought this thread was going to be about this song:

              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJZDsJ8UU64[/media]
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: So What

                well let me say that i am scratching my head with Obama's choice for the Intelligence/CIA community. One would think he would pick someone with experience in that field...............Or is he doing Hilary another favor...jk.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                sigpic




                Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: So What

                  Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  How does the end of this administration compare to the end of that of Bush I, or Reagan? How about Ford and Eisenhower?
                  How about Lyndon Johnson? Remember him? Nixon, George Washington, Harry Truman, the list could go on and on and on (i was just listing fmr. presidents, though I listed Lyndon Johnson for well.....a good reason
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                  sigpic




                  Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: So What

                    Still wondering exactly how long it will take the public to turn on Obama and ****can his presidency ("He promised to fix things!"). I feel sorry for the dude... but he pretty much asked for it, what with the nonsense "I Believe in Change" rhetoric.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: So What

                      Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                      How about Lyndon Johnson? Remember him? Nixon, George Washington, Harry Truman, the list could go on and on and on (i was just listing fmr. presidents, though I listed Lyndon Johnson for well.....a good reason
                      I was listing recent Republicans, since the theme seemed to be "the end of an evil Republican era". Nixon's something of a special case, having gotten caught red-handed and resigning for it.

                      Johnson would be better compared to Clinton and Carter, as "an end of an evil Democrat's reign".

                      My point being that everything old is new again, and people tend to repeat the same complaints we saw in the past. What's so different about the end of Bush II?
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

                      snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

                      Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: So What

                        Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                        I was listing recent Republicans, since the theme seemed to be "the end of an evil Republican era". Nixon's something of a special case, having gotten caught red-handed and resigning for it.

                        Johnson would be better compared to Clinton and Carter, as "an end of an evil Democrat's reign".

                        My point being that everything old is new again, and people tend to repeat the same complaints we saw in the past. What's so different about the end of Bush II?
                        I like kind of laughed at your word choice "evil", and was interested in the word usage of "era" but then again era is interpreted differently for different people. To me 8 years doesn't equal an era, its less than a decade, but to others i guess it can seem to last a lifetime.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                        sigpic




                        Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: So What

                          Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                          I was listing recent Republicans, since the theme seemed to be "the end of an evil Republican era". Nixon's something of a special case, having gotten caught red-handed and resigning for it.

                          Johnson would be better compared to Clinton and Carter, as "an end of an evil Democrat's reign".

                          My point being that everything old is new again, and people tend to repeat the same complaints we saw in the past. What's so different about the end of Bush II?
                          LBJ isn't recent? or is it because he wasn't a Republican.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

                          sigpic




                          Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: So What

                            Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                            not another one of these. i give obama 4 years to completely collapse this country. So far he is well on his way.
                            That's what I said until he did it again, and again, and again.

                            Please elaborate on how Obama is well on his way to collapsing the country, and how Bush didn't collapse the country already. Perhaps you (or anyone else) can elaborate on how Bush's presidency left the country better off in any way.

                            Originally posted by Trooper
                            I was listing recent Republicans, since the theme seemed to be "the end of an evil Republican era". Nixon's something of a special case, having gotten caught red-handed and resigning for it.

                            Johnson would be better compared to Clinton and Carter, as "an end of an evil Democrat's reign".

                            My point being that everything old is new again, and people tend to repeat the same complaints we saw in the past. What's so different about the end of Bush II?
                            No, the theme isn't the end of an evil anything, political party or person. It's the end of what I think is the worst presidency in the nation's history, and I've listed the reasons why, which range from petty domestic ignorance and favoritism to global long-range harm to the American economy, security and image. Not even republicans are daring to sing praise for this man, and the elections ended two months ago.

                            What's so different about the end of Bush II? Name a presidency that compares in terms of the overall damage done in these areas. Cite a presidential administration that's left the country with a deeper deficit, a deeper economic depression, two six-year wars, an American city in ruins due to complete lack of disaster management and ongoing legal questions of torture, detainment and secrecy. Name a president with a lower public approval rating at home or abroad, and name a president who has the gall to say 'so what' when confronted with his abysmal failures of competence. I knew it would be bad the day this oil-rich Texas kid was handed the White House by the Supreme Court, but I couldn't have dreamed this up if I were the world's greatest fiction writer.

                            No, the entire condition of the nation is not his fault, but it all occured on his watch. So what, he says.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: So What

                              Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                              What's so different about the end of Bush II? Name a presidency that compares in terms of the overall damage done in these areas. Cite a presidential administration that's left the country with a deeper deficit, a deeper economic depression, two six-year wars, an American city in ruins due to complete lack of disaster management and ongoing legal questions of torture, detainment and secrecy.
                              You know, FDR would meet an awful lot of those criteria. I think the only one he misses is that he couldn't manage to steer hurricanes quite the way Bush did.

                              Comment

                              Connect

                              Collapse

                              TeamSpeak 3 Server

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Twitter Feed

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X