X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell George Bush

George Bush's farewell address:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/...ew#cnnSTCVideo

I was going to make jokes like I normally do, but non of them seamed funny like they use to. I was hit in face with sadness of what could have been. I consider George Bush a tragedy. I feel for our country and his family. I am saying farewell to someone who has been an important figure head in my life for the past eight years and who has been influential in the way I see the world today. I am officially going to stop talking about him and let go of any resentments. I have to gain some closure so I can focus on the incoming President. Ultimately he did the best he could, it just wasn't very good.

Farewell George, don't let the door hit you in the ass.
    Last edited by Hambergler; 01-16-2009, 09:22 AM.

Re: Farewell Geaorge Bush

I wait for the day that Obama gets in office and goes 'o crap - now I get it. how am I gonna backtrack on all those promises.'

I guarantee you Bush took the hit for a lot of decisions that were made on information the public at large may never have. Obama will get a big hairy scary meeting that first day on the job. I am so tired of everyone whining about Bush. The media will be behind Obama until he makes his first mistake, then they will turn on him too. Of course the mindless drooling mind called the public will agree with whatever TV tells them, so he will be hated too. America is a big fat retarded kid wearing a helmet screaming 'I LIKE PIE!', and it never surprises me how fickle it's people can be.

flame shield on.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Obama has been having big scary meetings for weeks. In case you haven't noticed, he's freaked out. It's too bad we can't say the same for George, who hasn't been doing much of anything at all except desperately trying to cough up something that looks like a legacy, and failing at that too.

This has been one of the most tragically awkward presidencies in the nation's history. His final press conference earlier in the week and his brief address last night were no different. A bigger man would have taken ownership for the failures despite the fact that they obviously were not - at least directly - his own doing. He was the President, and he's leaving the country in multiple dire straits. Instead of owning up or even expressing any remorse whatsoever at the state of the nation as he leaves office, he instead chose to highlight the sole accomplishment of his Presidency - the lack of a terrorist attack on U.S. soil since 9/11 and a foreign policy that can arguably be said has make the nation less secure. He's certainly truthful in saying "I followed my conscience and done what I thought was right." Unfortunately, far too much of it turned out to be wrong.

What would have been said today of his privitization of social security had it ever been allowed to see the light of day? Written off as someting 'he thought was right?'

I don't think - and I certainly hope - that we will never again witness such failure in the nation's executive office.

Comment

last president to follow a corrupt lazy democratic president?
        last president to have to deal with a terrorist attack 9 months after being in office?
        last president to deal with a housing bubble and collapse which could have been completely avoided had the previous president done his job?

You cant be serious and say had gore or kerry been president we would have been better off. So tired of people on this site being so ignorant and naive. Im not saying bush did all he could and all that was right, but its easy to be a arm chair president when all you have to go on is what the media feeds you.

Sure lets give barack a chance, but will you be as critical of him in 2 years when Iran has invaded Israel and Russia is at war with china

+1 to dogg.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
          America is a big fat retarded kid wearing a helmet screaming 'I LIKE PIE!', and it never surprises me how fickle it's people can be.
          Hey, I like pie! You have a problem with that?

Do you really think it has been any different? Do you really think America has ever been a small slim smart adult wearing a fedora and calmly saying 'I want nothing more than I deserve."

If you think that then you need to study up on your history and come to terms with the human condition. America has always been a struggle between the selfish desires of the individual and the seemingly overwhelming needs of the the larger society (government included).

In fact I believe it is because that struggle is so front and center that America has become so strong.

Yes Obama is pooping his pants knowing how screwed up things got during GW's watch. The fact is it WAS GW's watch and he is going to be held somewhat responsible regardless of his actual responsibility. You take that risk when you run for president.

As far as Clinton goes. GW wasn't pooping his pants when he took over for Clinton. Maybe he should have been?

The fact Obama is scared gives me a little hope that he will take it all seriously and try to make some decisions then make them the right decisions.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I'm not expecting any of the deep problems of this country to be resolved under the Obama administration. If anything, I expect them to be perpetuated.

|TG| Eudiphon

sigpic
            "But in contemplating history as the slaughter-bench at which the happiness of peoples, the wisdom
            of states, and the virtue of individuals have been sacrificed, a question necessarily arises:
            To what principle, to what final purpose, have these monstrous sacrifices been offered?"
            - G.W.F. Hegel Reason in History

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
              Of course the mindless drooling mind called the public will agree with whatever TV tells them,
              flame shield on.
              If this were true the public would still love GW after all it was the TV's that were agreeing with him and all but calling him a savior when PC users started calling him for what he is.

A few things struck me as funny in his speach like saying that he was sorry that he never found WMD's, I would of thought that it would of been better to have not found them and be wrong than to find a big stock pile and know he may have more.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eudiphon View Post
                I'm not expecting any of the deep problems of this country to be resolved under the Obama administration. If anything, I expect them to be perpetuated.
                You mean Bush didn't leave the magic wand behind?

Comment

Welp, time to start cleaning up. We've pretty much got him in the dumpster, time to fill the rest of it with the remaining garbage.
                  "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                  Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

If anyone thinks Obama is going to be the savior of the country, I think you're greatly mistaken.

Will he be better than Bush? Probably. Will he radically change the system? No.

Lets be honest. The people who run the show in this country aren't called "present" or "congressman" (or "congresswoman" for that matter). They're called lobbyists.

|TG| Eudiphon

sigpic
                    "But in contemplating history as the slaughter-bench at which the happiness of peoples, the wisdom
                    of states, and the virtue of individuals have been sacrificed, a question necessarily arises:
                    To what principle, to what final purpose, have these monstrous sacrifices been offered?"
                    - G.W.F. Hegel Reason in History

Comment

Originally posted by Thesleeper01 View Post
                      If this were true the public would still love GW after all it was the TV's that were agreeing with him and all but calling him a savior when PC users started calling him for what he is.

A few things struck me as funny in his speach like saying that he was sorry that he never found WMD's, I would of thought that it would of been better to have not found them and be wrong than to find a big stock pile and know he may have more.
                      The media (and just about everyone in hollywood) has done nothing but bash GW for the last 4 years. The mindless hordes who sit in front of the magic box hypnotized by the pretty pictures just regurgitate the bs that some of the even more mindless "celebrities" feed them.

It amazes me that people who play pretend for a living think they have any clue about what happens in realtown America, or anywhere else on the planet for that matter.

I don't take my advice from names like Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan, but unfortunately, much of the US actually hears the drivel vomited from the tumor on top of their necks and thinks they make sense, or have a clue about what is really going on. (when in fact most of them are just regurgitating the drivel spewed to them from someone more powerful in imaginationland)
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                        Do you really think it has been any different? Do you really think America has ever been a small slim smart adult wearing a fedora and calmly saying 'I want nothing more than I deserve."

If you think that then you need to study up on your history and come to terms with the human condition. America has always been a struggle between the selfish desires of the individual and the seemingly overwhelming needs of the the larger society (government included).

In fact I believe it is because that struggle is so front and center that America has become so strong.

Yes Obama is pooping his pants knowing how screwed up things got during GW's watch. The fact is it WAS GW's watch and he is going to be held somewhat responsible regardless of his actual responsibility. You take that risk when you run for president.

As far as Clinton goes. GW wasn't pooping his pants when he took over for Clinton. Maybe he should have been?

The fact Obama is scared gives me a little hope that he will take it all seriously and try to make some decisions then make them the right decisions.
                        I do not think it has ever been different, but the proliferation of the media in political debate as of late is disturbing. people will unfortunately look to people that they think they know for advice and direction, but Rachel from Friends was not the political powerhouse I want to listen to.

I know few here will agree with me, but the truth is that people follow Oprah and listen to the undermining jokes and skits of Letterman and Leno. These people do not know anything about world diplomacy and government, and to listen to the daily show for your world news is sad, but it is becoming the norm. Bush is a joke because the media made him a joke. If the media had stood behind him through the war, he would be a hero for it. All I ever hear from the actual servicemen who return is "we need to still be there, and we need more help" why is it that the idiots back home don't agree - oh yeah, Leonardo DiCaprio is against it.

Comment

Re: Farewell George Bush

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...IN0B159A69.DTL

good article. You might not like bush but that article makes some good points. Failed politics by Clinton where left to be cleaned up by bush.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Bon voyage.

http://www.youtube.com/v/RtnE4C9Gv5U&hl=en&fs=1
                            |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                            That noob who crashed the chopper.
                            That noob who ran over the mine.
                            That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                            That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

This has been the first presidency I have been able to remember and it has been a bad memory. The last 8 years seem to have taken forever to pass. What makes me laugh the most is that his brother is thinking about running.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X