Google does maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google does maps

If anyone hasn't seen this already, check out http://maps.google.com. IMO it's the best mapping tool out there. Play around and check out all of the little features.

Also, to see what other things google has in the pot, check out http://labs.google.com.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Google does maps

It really is a joy seeing the innovation Google introduces to pre-existing ideas. It's a joy as an end-user and particularly satisfying to observe as a web-based applications developer.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      It really is a joy seeing the innovation Google introduces to pre-existing ideas. It's a joy as an end-user and particularly satisfying to observe as a web-based applications developer.
      rgrmative! I'm crazy for google. Hell, I even use gmail and I love it. Google is one of the few things that has become mainstream but has kept (and bettered) its initial quality. kudos:google as mute:keres!

*hides*

Comment

Indeed. I can't wait for Google to release an OS. Rumor has it that they're working on their own flavor of a Firefox browser...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Jeeze how about they release a good squad-based FPS?

Comment

I'd play it. D:

Comment

you could type the persons name you wish to kill in the gun, and hitting fire would find them and kill them in under 3 seconds.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                you could type the persons name you wish to kill in the gun, and hitting fire would find them and kill them in under 3 seconds.
                LMAO :icon_lol:
                |TG-12th| asch
                sigpic

Comment

No matches for Soop.

Did you mean Scoop?
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Google is top notch but one thing puzzles me - how they are there to create all the useful things they do for the good of joe public. They do not charge for any of their services yet strive to make life easier for everybody.

Surely they have a hidden agenda?

Comment

They don't charge YOU for their services but they charge for those little ads that appear on the right on every search and have other revenue-generating programs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vap0r
                        Google is top notch but one thing puzzles me - how they are there to create all the useful things they do for the good of joe public. They do not charge for any of their services yet strive to make life easier for everybody.

Surely they have a hidden agenda?
                        Their hidden agenda is to get you to their site. If you're at their site, you're seeing their ads. They make their money by providing ads.
                        |TG-12th| asch
                        sigpic

Comment

That would be really useful if I wanted to browse maps of the US using IE. Unfortunately I don't want either of those things.
                          Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Originally posted by tekunogekai
                            rgrmative! I'm crazy for google. Hell, I even use gmail and I love it. Google is one of the few things that has become mainstream but has kept (and bettered) its initial quality. kudos:google as mute:keres!

*hides*
                            y'know... i'm just scanning this forum... and i find this.... i'm going to own your face later
                            :)
                            --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X