Ramos and Compean Pardoned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramos and Compean Pardoned

Well, technically not pardoned, but their sentences were commuted. The news was just announced like 5 minutes ago, and the story is still being written.

Re: Ramos and Compean Pardoned

Bout time.. ;-)
    But I did hear from a Few Border Guys who worked in the region..that if they say something funny may have been going on..it probably was... (Mucho Corruptionivo..)
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Too little too late. Bush should have been impeached for the way these guys were treated. Instead of a FULL pardon, he commutes the sentence. They still have to stay in prison until March! And once out, they do not get to go back to their jobs and this little incident will be stapled to every job application these guys ever fill out. THESE GUYS ARE HEROES AND BUSH LOCKED THEM UP FOR PROTECTING THE USA!!!

Its another reminder of how much I hate Bush and am glad to see him go. I am just sad that we are replacing him with somebody even worse.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

It sounds like these two could have saved themselves if they had been forthright about what happened. I have to assume that there is standard paperwork and other disclosures whenever a border patrol agent fires at someone in the course of their duties. Why did they conceal their actions?

Comment

Originally posted by RandomGuy View Post
          It sounds like these two could have saved themselves if they had been forthright about what happened. I have to assume that there is standard paperwork and other disclosures whenever a border patrol agent fires at someone in the course of their duties. Why did they conceal their actions?
          No, they are required to report it to their first line supervisor, which they did, since he was on the scene when brass was being picked up. If they had cut memos, they absolutely would have saved themselves, though. Their supervisor threw them under the bus and for that, they suffered in prison.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Note that they were originally convicted of half a dozen crimes, including "obstruction of justice" which was the suggestion that they concealed the event. All of the other charges made it through appeals, except "obstruction of justice". That one was thrown out.

So I'm with Cing, they reported it faithfully to the extent they thought they were required to (speaking immediately to the supervisor on duty), but the lack of paperwork made it easy to hang them out to dry later.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X