Obamas Press Conference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obamas Press Conference

I don't know if the guy is going to be a good president.

But OMFG is it such a relief not to hear the stuttering misstatements and botched clichés of former President Bush.

I can actually watch it without wincing and come away at least feeling a bit more informed.
    I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Obamas Press Conference

we must be watching different conference broadcasts, cause he is just going around in circles with his answers......and i like the red power tie.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I dunno, I'm wincing a bit at the Q&A session. But maybe I wince easily... not that I miss Bush in the tiniest.

Comment

It just end here.
        He speaks his mind that's all I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by MajorPayne View Post
          He speaks his mind that's all I can say.
          Well, so did Bush, and that's why he sounded so stupid so often.

Comment

and the liberal media complained about that most of all. Atleast with bush you knew exactly what you where getting, good or bad.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Well, it's okay to complain about one's leader saying stupid things. But it's no big accomplishment if you speak your mind. That's what one should do.

Comment

To be honest I don't listen real close to the content of speeches. After all they are just PR spots designed for the lowest common denominator. I have it on in the background. If something particular comes up I pay a bit more attention.

I guess Bushes voice and mannerisms just grated on my nerves.
                I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I thought he did pretty well. He talked around the issues a lot, but for the most part answered the questions at the end.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
                    Well, so did Bush, and that's why he sounded so stupid so often.
                    Can one truly speak his mind,when he has none to begin with ?
                    Dizlor

Comment

I miss the eye squinting and one liners though... Our special POTUS :)

Comment

yeap...we have had our first real look into this guys ability to lead and already getting scared. I like how Obama and the demo Congress has shafted the American people already. Figures no one is really reporting it here.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Originally posted by Beinseth View Post
                          yeap...we have had our first real look into this guys ability to lead and already getting scared. I like how Obama and the demo Congress has shafted the American people already. Figures no one is really reporting it here.

and at every chance they get they completely sand bag the republicans. The polls are showing the american people did not want this new "bail out"
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by beinseth
                            Where, in a TG forum? Seriously?

Actually, Obama's ability to lead has been pretty historic in these three weeks - he's pushed a historic spending bill (love it or hate it) through congress in record time and also found the time to take up other executive orders. Good or bad, that's a strong leader. From my view, I'm more scared of a 'leader' who has no idea what he's doing (see below). If it turns out that every move Obama has made thus far results in increased failures down the road, I'll be ready to admit he too had no idea what he was doing. At the onset of the Iraq war we all gave Bush's administration the benefit of the doubt - you need to do the same here. Just as much, if not more, is at stake.

Really, though, who exactly is being 'shafted' by this bill, which costs trillions less than the sum total of Bush's tax cuts and military (war) spending? I'm not. My family isn't. My state (Maine) isn't, as they now have a much smaller deficit to deal with in the near term. The millions of Americans (do you know any?) who've lost jobs in the past 6 months aren't. My kids might be, but if even half of this spending helps to bring the economy around they actually be better off down the road.

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                            and the liberal media complained about that most of all. Atleast with bush you knew exactly what you where getting, good or bad.
                            Really? Bush himself didn't even know exactly what he was getting much of the time - unless you believe that he never intended to fund the no child left behind act, knew the Iraq war would last more than eight years and trillions of dollars, and figured that most detainees in Guantanamo Bay would end up being released after six years. Ironically, he even denied that the country was rapidly slipping into a recession until it became painfully obvious - and in some ways too late.

My comment while watching Obama's press conference - in the same hall that Bush used to deliver his - had to do with my distinct memories of Bush turning and walking away in silence after he finished delivering a prepared statement. That's not a leader.

Liberal media? If this were true, they would be lambasting the republicans for cutting social services (education!) out of this spending/stimulus bill only to not even vote for it, claiming that they weren't consulted. That baloney is clear as day, yet the media covered it as they do any other drama. Why? Because there is no liberal media - liberal in view, but not in default politic. Two (1, 2) recent examples from a liberal watchdog site picking on ABC and CNN.

What of Bush's 2001 tax cuts, replete with a price tag of $1.3 trillion? What was the subsequent effect on the economy and the deficit? I know as well as anyone that it didn't play a role in the housing and lending bubble, but it's quite clear today that the treasury would be far better off without it and the economy no worse. McCain talks of 'generational theft' - it would seem he has a short memory, because he voted this in seven years ago.

If - and even this too is coming from a President who does actually speak the known truth - this bill has a positive effect on the economy within the year (and it very well might), then it is the stonewalling republican party, and not the country, that is screwed (to use Lindsay Graham's phrase).

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                            and at every chance they get they completely sand bag the republicans. The polls are showing the american people did not want this new "bail out"
                            References please.

Comment

A. It's not OBAMA's bill... It's Pelosi, Reed and the rest of the gang... I don't think Obama would have ridden this horse into town if he had the chance.. He may have made some people not LIKE him..which is the most important thing for a rock star...

B. As for Dumb Bush.. it's either he knew nothing and was too stupid to accomplish anything OR he knew it all, did everything evil on purpose..and it was his great plan. One way or the other folks...
                              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...