Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CNBC's Rick Santelli

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853

I love this! Who else feels fed up already with the government?

Re: CNBC's Rick Santelli

Chicago Tea Party, haha.

"We'll dump derivatives into the bay!"
    A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Rick's always fun to watch/listen to. He seems to be the only pragmatist on the network.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I am SO fed up with the government's stimulus ideas. Even in my hometown here in San Antonio, all the local politicians are sticking their hands out for all the pork they can grab. And they're going to get it too! They're getting $35 million to redo the Riverwalk? What's wrong with it now? It's just fine. They say that this $35 million will create 200-300 jobs for a year! I don't know about you, but I think most small business owners could create a hell of a lot more jobs than that for $35 mil. That's not the only thing SA is getting either. Lots of pork projects all the way around. This is just getting ridiculous.

The government is just squandering our children's money. The sad thing is they're spending money they simply don't have.

What's worse with this home owner bailout idea? Get this...If you haven't been good about your mortgage for WHATEVER reason, you get a big interest rate break. What a nice reward! However, if you're like me and are responsible, have good credit, never skipped a beat with the bills, you can't get an interest rate for a mortgage that's any better than average. So the government is saying, "SCREW the people who are responsible. SCREW the taxpayer. We're going to squander your hard earned dollars whether you like it or not!"

And no, I'm not slamming President Obama or singling him out here. I'm not even blaming him. I'm annoyed with MOST politicians. Even my local ones. Whatever happened to the ideals of JFK's famous speech; "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country!"
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
            I am SO fed up with the government's stimulus ideas. Even in my hometown here in San Antonio, all the local politicians are sticking their hands out for all the pork they can grab. And they're going to get it too! They're getting $35 million to redo the Riverwalk? What's wrong with it now? It's just fine. They say that this $35 million will create 200-300 jobs for a year! I don't know about you, but I think most small business owners could create a hell of a lot more jobs than that for $35 mil. That's not the only thing SA is getting either. Lots of pork projects all the way around. This is just getting ridiculous.

The government is just squandering our children's money. The sad thing is they're spending money they simply don't have.

What's worse with this home owner bailout idea? Get this...If you haven't been good about your mortgage for WHATEVER reason, you get a big interest rate break. What a nice reward! However, if you're like me and are responsible, have good credit, never skipped a beat with the bills, you can't get an interest rate for a mortgage that's any better than average. So the government is saying, "SCREW the people who are responsible. SCREW the taxpayer. We're going to squander your hard earned dollars whether you like it or not!"

And no, I'm not slamming President Obama or singling him out here. I'm not even blaming him. I'm annoyed with MOST politicians. Even my local ones. Whatever happened to the ideals of JFK's famous speech; "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country!"
            Here is what your city/county officials are wanting from the 'stimulus'
            http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project...n%20Antonio/TX

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
              Here is what your city/county officials are wanting from the 'stimulus'
              http://www.stimuluswatch.org/project...n%20Antonio/TX
              OMG! It's WORSE than I had previously read in our local paper! It's apparently FIFTY million! $125 mil for a new airport terminal??!! I don't even think we need one. I've never seen the airport all that crowded. Thanks for pointing out that site, Global. This is horrible. How in the hell are these LOCAL projects a federal responsibility??!! We already get blasted up the bum for our property taxes here. Let THOSE taxes pay for this stuff. Not the taxpayers from the rest of the nation. Truly absurd.

Originally posted by From Stimuluswatch.org
              The total cost of all the projects submitted by San Antonio is $1,060,680,450
              Pardon my netfrench here, but WTF are we allowing to happen here?
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I don't know, really. I take a small consolation from the fact that the stimulus bill passed without a single republican vote in the house, and only got like 2 in the Senate. So in large part this is the result of our congressional votes last November.

The President is important in his own way, but he really can't take primary blame for this. This one goes to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. Think anyone will remember this come the 2010 house election?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                  The President is important in his own way, but he really can't take primary blame for this. This one goes to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. Think anyone will remember this come the 2010 house election?
                  Depends if the economy has shown any signs of life.

If the economy is doing better Republicans might loose even more power. If it is doing just as bad or worse then Democrats will loose some seats.

Even if the economy is doing worse I don't think you are going to have a Republican revolution like you saw in the late 90s. What are they going to run on except "Democrats suck"? It will win some voters back but, like we saw in the midterm elections of GW Bush, the people are going to stick with the president. That, of course, presumes Obama doesn't royally screw up.

Now if some weird miracle occurs and the economy is doing relatively well the Rebublicans might have shot themselves on this last vote of theirs.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Its sort of a balancing act. Typically people vote Republican when the economy is good, and Democrat when its bad. But the Democrats have been in control of Congress for several years now and have engineered record deficits combined with a freefalling economy. The Republicans are (finally) attempting to manuever themselves into opposition to the Dem's suicidal spending spree, but will that be enough to break people's habits of "vote Democrat when things are bad" even if the stimulus bill just makes things worse? And if things continue as "sorta bad" rather than really recovering or continuing to get worse, then of course we'll get a massive fight over whether the government is hindering recovery or staving off disaster. (My votes on "hindering recovery", in case you couldn't tell.) The next election could go either way in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                      Its sort of a balancing act. Typically people vote Republican when the economy is good, and Democrat when its bad. But the Democrats have been in control of Congress for several years now and have engineered record deficits combined with a freefalling economy. The Republicans are (finally) attempting to manuever themselves into opposition to the Dem's suicidal spending spree, but will that be enough to break people's habits of "vote Democrat when things are bad" even if the stimulus bill just makes things worse? And if things continue as "sorta bad" rather than really recovering or continuing to get worse, then of course we'll get a massive fight over whether the government is hindering recovery or staving off disaster. (My votes on "hindering recovery", in case you couldn't tell.) The next election could go either way in that case.
                      Hehe. Republicans didn't do a bad job either.

Most people are not going to think the Dems ran up that deficit during the last years of the Bush administration. And they shouldn't. There is no way the Dems could have spent without Republican support. They didn't have a big majority and the Pres was a republican.

And, really, after this stimulus bill they won't even think of the spending during the Bush administration. Short memories and all that.

As to if the government is hurting or helping. It just is. The government is a large part of the economy. Just as the economy is a large part of the government. Trying to separate the two is silly and only ideologues try to do it.
                      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X