Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Evidence Ties Marijuana to Stroke Risk

This guy likes to smoke!
    This latest case, Garcia-Monco said, is different in that the patient had a stroke on three separate occasions, with each following a bout of heavy marijuana use.

In the first instance, the man lost his ability to speak and suffered a seizure after smoking marijuana and having a few drinks at a party. One year later, he again became unable to speak and suffered weakness on one side of his body after smoking pot at another party.

The third incident came roughly a year later, when the man had some hearing loss after an episode of heavy marijuana use and drinking. Each time, doctors found tissue damage in the brain.

And all his buddies thought he was just bogarting, never guessing that he couldn't hear or move, much less pass to the left.

Re: More Evidence Ties Marijuana to Stroke Risk

Originally posted by leejo
    In the first instance, the man lost his ability to speak and suffered a seizure after smoking marijuana and having a few drinks at a party.
    I was working security at a rave a few years back and watched a kid have a full on siezure when he decided to "candyflip." "Candyflipping" is when you take hits of Acid (LSD) combined with a tab (or two) of esctasy. The drug overdose combined with dehydration and hyperventilation took him down fast.

Alcohol, Prescription meds (when abused), Over-the-counter meds (when abused), weed, LSD, Crack, etc are all bad for your health. When mixing them you're just asking for trouble. Smoking pot helps relax your gag reflex, when mixed with Alcohol posioning.... you do the math.

I doubt this guy smoked one joint and dropped. He was probably hammering the stuff down pretty hard. TS for him. Drinking an excess of water can land you in the hospital. I've never seen one conclusive study that shows pot is any worse for you than drinking.

Is eating a steak every once in a while going to kill you? No. Is pounding down red-meat every night going to kill you? Most likely (that or the bowl obstruction).

Edit: Wait, this is even better the second time through:

"The case of a young man who suffered a stroke more than once after smoking marijuana adds to evidence that the drug can, in rare cases, have such serious consequences, according to researchers." In rare cases, monkies have probably flown out of someone's butt.

"On three separate occasions, the 36-year-old man suffered a stroke shortly after smoking a large amount of marijuana" Define large.

Next week: "A man drank 57-beers and died. We think this may mean any form of alcohol is deadly in any quantity. How should we know, we're only scientists."

Comment

Did you know that fast food causes heart attacks?

Comment

Indonesian plane crash kills 15

Tsunami Kills Dozens of Americans
        And up to 80,000 others.

the second atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki, 70,000 died.

bet a little "candyflipping" dont't sound to bad now....huh?

Comment

This keeps getting better: I should read better before posting:

The case of a young man
          Garcia-Monco suggested that doctors screen for the presence of marijuana and other drugs whenever a young person inexplicably suffers a stroke.
          the 36-year-old man suffered a stroke
          36 is young? Don't get me wrong, he's not over the hill or anything, but damn, he's almost middle-aged. I was thinking late-teens early-twenties. This is a blatant attempt to scare younger people into not smoking pot and is as equally pathetic in it's bias.

Comment

36 is young for a stroke. I don't have any problem with smoking pot. I suspect this dude smoked LARGE amounts of pot and I don't know about you, but after the 2nd stroke I might be inclined to lay off the weed.

I wasn't trying to start a debate about whether or not marijuana is the devil, I just thought this guy was a dumbass.

Comment

today salt kills ya,tomorrow air is poisen..can we say that if the man never smoked pot he would of not had the same stroke?the public blindly listines to what they are fed by the government,i don't advise you use drugs,drink,or walk across the street (all things that may or may not lead to your untimely demise)i do suggest you live your life the way you feel suits you the best.i always say protect the head first and the rest will follow,meaning be happy and content in whatever your situation is.if you are not happy,time for a change..and FAST!!let's not forget,we have MABEY a 80 year ride on this planet..try to live so you can look back at the end and have the smallest amounts of regrets as possable.realizing you did it wrong with your dieing breath is the human way....don't be that guy or girl....

just a little somin somin from good ol wild..

hope ya like it

Comment

Yeah well like I said, if I ate a box of twinkies and suddenly had a stroke and went into convulsions, then 6 months later ate another box of twinkies and lost my ability to hear and/or move the left side of my body, I think I'd lay off the twinkies. I hope I would.

This guy has a problem. Maybe he thought it was three strokes and you're out.

I myself have had plenty of good twinky-related experiences and so it's not a problem.

Comment

hey,i never said pot makes you smart!!

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
                    36 is young for a stroke
                    Granted, don't take my point the wrong way though. Read the article for what it is. It's BS. Now read the article as a parent who knows next to nothing about the subject and is constantly bombarded by propoganda that drugs, video games, Dungeons and Dragons, and heavy metal are turning kids into killing machines or leading them to an early demise: the true nature of the article comes out.

It's designed to immediately invoke the notion that "Smoke pot just once and you'll die" even though none of the evidence points in that direction. It's dirty twisting of facts.... of course, that's why it's good journalism: sensation and fear.

Comment

Doood you need to chill man....

Comment

Someone pass that kid the bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                          Granted, don't take my point the wrong way though. Read the article for what it is. It's BS. Now read the article as a parent who knows next to nothing about the subject and is constantly bombarded by propoganda that drugs, video games, Dungeons and Dragons, and heavy metal are turning kids into killing machines or leading them to an early demise: the true nature of the article comes out.

It's designed to immediately invoke the notion that "Smoke pot just once and you'll die" even though none of the evidence points in that direction. It's dirty twisting of facts.... of course, that's why it's good journalism: sensation and fear.
                          agreed, the propaganda machine that is the governments of today, treat anything they dont know about, as evil... we should not be surprised, rock music, not heavy metal but that crap they listened to in the 50's was called evil and it aparantly corrupted the youth.,...

its legal in holland and they dont tend to have people dropping over in the cafe having strokes while enjoying a spliff.

i think the people that think its soo bad, and try to demonise the drug, should have a spliff and calm the **** down... ssssgooooooodahhhh

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Well bad parenting is what is turning kids in to killers and out casts. I smoked pot and played D& D and never shot up the school or plotted to kill all my family. We teach kids that pot is just as bad as every thing else, well it isn't.so when they try pot they think well they lied about this I bet they lied about crack. way to go lets end our Social Security problems now.

Comment

Originally posted by NewsWrthy
                              Well bad parenting is what is turning kids in to killers and out casts.
                              It's just not that simple though. You could have the best parents in the world and grow into a scumbag. Your dad could beat you everyday and you might become a nobel prize winner. You can't blame one thing for all the problems a kid has. It comes down to that kids decision.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X