Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cali moves to legalize bud.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/...to_introdu.php

With their budget in the red, they finally see the light....
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Cali moves to legalize bud.

See? They just want their eyes to be as red as the budget!

*rimshot*
    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
    -- Red Forman

Comment

Mmmm.... California burgers....

In any event, there's already a federal law preventing this. Weed is classified as the same as heroin. I'm not sure how this guy thinks he can circumvent federal law.

Comment

Each state is a sovereign entity, the federal government comes second. My guess is that's the card their playing here.

As far as the schedule I classification -- it's total nonsense and is likely to be changed under this administration.
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
          Each state is a sovereign entity, the federal government comes second. My guess is that's the card their playing here.

As far as the schedule I classification -- it's total nonsense and is likely to be changed under this administration.
          I would hope they change the classification. If he's going with the whole state is sovereign, etc., he's got a long and bumpy road ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
            Each state is a sovereign entity, the federal government comes second.
            Tell that to the Federal Government!

Comment

United States lol In cali you can get medical weed but the feds can take everything from a medical weed clinic because of the fed law about weed....How can you be United when the laws change from state to state.....

Comment

Originally posted by MajorPayne View Post
                United States lol In cali you can get medical weed but the feds can take everything from a medical weed clinic because of the fed law about weed....How can you be United when the laws change from state to state.....
                That's what makes us united! No matter what a state says, Big Daddy can come along and shut it down. We're united under the same outdated laws.

Comment

There have already been Federal raids on licensed clinics in CA since Obama was inaugurated.
                  A policy of freedom for the individual is the only truly progressive policy. -F.A. Hayek

"$250,000 a year won't get me to Central Park West."

Comment

Comment

Doesn't federal law trump state law according to the constitution? If it is legalized, it will probably be a watershed movement for the rest of the country concerning marijuana legalization. I doubt the feds would slap heavy fines or withhold some funding for the state if they did. I'd imagine other cash strapped states seeing that CA is pulling in $1,000,000,000 annually from pot legalization would see it as a pretty good idea too. Especially in comparison to the amount it costs to jail these people.
                      Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                      Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by aeroripper View Post
                        Doesn't federal law trump state law according to the constitution?
                        Yes and no. In theory, federal law trumps state law but only on certain narrowly defined subjects -- on everything else, the states can do whatever they like. In practice, that theory is pretty much dead, and the feds tell everyone what to do anyway.

The most commonly used justification is, "Its not an order, we just offered them federal funding (and they only get the funding if they do what we wanted)". But sometimes that's not good enough, and you discover it really WAS an order -- and the drug laws are a good example of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerostasis View Post
                          The most commonly used justification is, "Its not an order, we just offered them federal funding (and they only get the funding if they do what we wanted)".
                          That's pretty much the way the feds play it. They just withhold federal funding for stuff. Like highway speed or seatbelt laws, for example. You want highway funding? Sure, just adhere to these rules.
                          |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Meh...

I really don't care one way or another. I like the idea of taxing it all to heck and back, I like the idea that it would cut down on the number of 'drug related' inmates. But trying to find accurate information on the long term effects of the stuff is almost impossible, since almost every place you find is bias.

On the flip side I don't care for, or support smoking in any way shape or form. Maybe it was because my dad was a life long smoker, right up until his heart attack. Maybe it has something to so with him hacking up a lung all the time saying 'it's just a cold' (Dad you've had a cold for the last 7 years, its the sigs!) Anyway you look at it I'm against smoking. Now what you do in your home alone or with fellow smokers, fine, whatever, but I don't want a contact buzz because you reek of smoke.

~ Draken

Comment

Are you talking about cigarattes with your dad?
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X