Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Children For The Apocalypse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Children For The Apocalypse?

Are our children prepared

Discuss
    |TG-Irr|Duc748s

sigpic

Re: Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Children For The Apocalypse?

Only if they have practice with some sort of real gun or feedback simulator so they know the feel of kickback on a gun. We wouldn't want them to know the tactics,but then the first time they shot a zombie/alien/mutant/survivialist, they got knocked on their butt and eaten.
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Haha amazing

Comment

Best news network ever. :D

POE2 Developer

Comment

I now will be introducing my 6 month old niece to fallout 3 and maybe some L4D.
          Then take here out to the range so she can start with a bow and arrow or maybe a r700 for kicks.

Thanks for this wonderful and informative news piece. I can now honestly say I have been depriving the younger generation of valuable and worthwhile knowledge and I plan to correct my egregious error.

Comment

Originally posted by amu107.9 View Post
            I now will be introducing my 6 month old niece to fallout 3 and maybe some L4D.
            Then take here out to the range so she can start with a bow and arrow or maybe a r700 for kicks.

Thanks for this wonderful and informative news piece. I can now honestly say I have been depriving the younger generation of valuable and worthwhile knowledge and I plan to correct my egregious error.
            Don't forget Teabagging :-)
            |TG-Irr|Duc748s

sigpic

Comment

Practice making those pipe bombs too!

POE2 Developer

Comment

My mom was a hippy and had me paranoid during the Cold War (she despises everything nuclear). I'd read just about every book on nuclear haulocaust including how to build a nuke (perhaps the feds will now knock on my door since saying anything in the TG forum auto-tags you front-page on Google). We imagined moving into the hills of Montana and building a bomb shelter. I read Anarchist Cookbook a few times over of course. I used to know all the warhead deployment systems and strike times by heart... megaton yields of varying warheads, biological effects of fallout, etc. Atari's Missile Defense and the movie Red Dawn were favs. Chernobyl and Hiroshima order of events were memorized.

My crowning achievement was designing a post-apocalyptic PnP RPG; complete with mutants and hybrid vehicles with machine guns. :)

Ahhh, those were the days...

I phreaked out a few elementary school teachers with book reports on such matters. I'll never forget the look on some of my peers' eyes as I explained how your shadow is left on the wall if you're too close and your skin tends to sluff off in sheets if you're close enough. Most of my teachers were hippies too, so they loved it.

Boy oh boy I cant wait until the Earthrise MMO comes out.

Ironically, my science background trumped my mom's hippiness and I now embrace everything nuclear as the way of the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Duc748s View Post
                  only if they discuss the bible - religious sarcasm about the discussion of the apocalypse in the bible.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...