X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan loses right to complain about wmd use

*Japan Admits Dissecting WW II POWs

http://www.aiipowmia.com/731/vivisection.html

*no citations in article -- was hoping someone might know more about this.
    |TG|Switch

Better known as:
    That noob who crashed the chopper.
    That noob who ran over the mine.
    That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
    That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Re: Japan loses right to complain about wmd use

Oh my.

POE2 Developer

Comment

This is old news isn't it? The scientists, who worked at unit 731 and did all those terrible experiments on live subjects, were pardoned by the US and given nice cushy research jobs in the States because the US wanted the data from the experiments but didn't want Russia to get their hands on that data or the scientists.

I'm unsure why you think this means that Japan loses their right to complain about wmd use, on the supposition that they did in the first place.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_massacre
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_crime

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Unit 731 - as Sordavie mentioned - did all sorts of horrible stuff to prisoners. Look up "Men Behind the Sun" on Youtube, Switch.

Comment

Hilarity. Japanese torture US servicemen (ignoring Attrocities commited by allied forces) and they somehow lose the right to complain about having 200,000 civilians vaporized? BTW: that's if you were lucky. Japanese first responders reported men, women, and children stumbling around blind, deaf, and on fire.

Ah, what a world. I think I'll stick with "complain anytime atrocities are committed."

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
              Unit 731 - as Sordavie mentioned - did all sorts of horrible stuff to prisoners. Look up "Men Behind the Sun" on Youtube, Switch.
              Lots of music group stuff. I'll keep digging for relative material.
              "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
              Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
              " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                Hilarity. Japanese torture US servicemen (ignoring Attrocities commited by allied forces) and they somehow lose the right to complain about having 200,000 civilians vaporized? BTW: that's if you were lucky. Japanese first responders reported men, women, and children stumbling around blind, deaf, and on fire.

Ah, what a world. I think I'll stick with "complain anytime atrocities are committed."
                I don't want to start a tit-for-tat argument where horrible things from WWII are mentioned in attempts to figure out if one side "deserved" a particular event. The war happened the way it did, and nothing can change that.

However, Imperial Japan was pretty brutal. Perhaps you should look at the wikipedia links that tau_neutrino supplied?

Comment

It was a war wherein all sides participated with total war tactics--probably the most recent war in which that was the case. So it was pretty brutal from all sides.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Agreed with what sordavie said. This was an all out total war. There were no nice ways to go about war then like there are now. ROE, bombing civilians, ect ....war. Nothing fair or nice about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                        However, Imperial Japan was pretty brutal. Perhaps you should look at the wikipedia links that tau_neutrino supplied?
                        Yea, Japan was brutal. Likely, more brutal than American's (although you could argue that all day). Who cares? Everyone in war commit atrocities. I'd rather focus on lowering the instances of them, rather than pointing out "You guys can't complain anymore!"

Comment

Japan committed an innumerable amount of atrocities against the Chinese people during both Sino-Japanese wars. Several historians have reported figures of more than 17 millions civilians killed in WW2 alone. Their cruelty is such that there is still much anti-Japan sentiment in China today.

The atrocities the allies committed (except maybe Russia, with Stalin's purges) pale in comparison to what the Japanese Empire did in the name of their emperor and racial superiority.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

war itself is an atrocityin all but very few circumstances

but thats hardly the worst thing they did IMO..the japanese scientists gave up research on the nuke rather early and instead chose to fund research for a microwave weapon..which had it been put into place was planned to be put on beaches and used as a search light(figuratively there was no real light) to sweep across incoming troops and cook them alive

the research records indicate that they performed tests on "monkeyys" the word often put into records when they used chinese and american captives

but then we took all people of asian decent and locked them away for being asian..fire bobmed cities of paper buildings and as already mentioned nuked two of their cities resulting in massive death and cancer rates for years to come

war is hell..total war is total hell

we shouldnt argue over who dun it worse though..instead we should agree that war is not an answer to our polticians problems..and that unless we are attacked or an attack is en-route we should not consider war as an option

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
                              the japanese scientists gave up research on the nuke rather early and instead chose to fund research for a microwave weapon..which had it been put into place was planned to be put on beaches and used as a search light(figuratively there was no real light) to sweep across incoming troops and cook them alive
                              That is USA tech now!
                              |TG|Switch

Better known as:
                              That noob who crashed the chopper.
                              That noob who ran over the mine.
                              That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
                              That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X