• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officer Calls Obama 'Usurper' President

Thought this was interesting:

February 25, 2009
    Military.com|by Bryant Jordan

Using words such as "imposter" and "usurper," an active-duty Army officer in Iraq has joined a California lawyer's lawsuit intended to force President Barack Obama to prove he is a legal U.S. citizen, and therefore able to legally serve as the commander in chief.

"Until Mr. Obama releases a 'vault copy' of his original birth certificate for public review, I will consider him neither my Commander in Chief nor my President, but rather, a usurper to the Office -- an impostor," 1st Lt. Scott R. Easterling states in his letter published at Defendourfreedoms.com.
    Link to article at Military.com

Should a Soldier serve if he doesn't believe the president is legitimate?

The poll results so far.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Re: Officer Calls Obama 'Usurper' President

I thought the whole "myth" of President Obama not being a US citizen by birth was already disproven before he came into Office.

Comment

It was never proven/dis-proven. Those earlier cases were dismissed by the judges at preliminary hearings.

This is just another in a line of people that are still sore about the election. I personally didn't like the outcome of 2000, but I was totally against Gore's campaign of litigation after the fact. Again, I did not like the outcome of 2004 and found it refreshing that Kerry conceded and put the matter to rest before the line of litigators formed here in Ohio.

If there were any real dirt to be had on Obama's citizenship, it would have been dug up during the almost 2 years leading up to the election. In my opinion, these lawsuits stem from pure and simple sore losers (and I stress the word losers).
      Last edited by draeh; 03-05-2009, 10:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

So... he's going to get court martialed and lose his commission, right? What do they do with you when you publicly challenge the president?

Comment

This kind of thing is not rare in the military. There is always some weirdo questioning the legitimacy of the government on some technicality. You just don't hear about them very often.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

As much as I dislike Obama's policies, I'll stand up and say he won the election fair and square and he's our lawful president. This lawsuit is no better than Al Gore's sore loser lawsuit in 2000, with the exception that this guy is just a small fry and he can be court martialed for it instead of going on to win the Nobel Peace Prize. >.>

Comment

What's really dumb in all of this is that Obama is technically more of a "citizen" than John McCain ever could hope to be.

McCain was born in Panama and more Panamanian than anything else. His military family was the only reason he could even be considered a U.S. Citizen, and technically if he was born off-base he's Panamanian (not sure if he was born on/off base or not, but his "file" says on-base). It's a formality though because I've met Panama-brats and they're panamanian first and foremost, regardless of which building they were born in... and the base is not a city unto itself, it's in the middle of downtown P-city.

He didnt settle down in America until he was 15 at a prep school in Virginia. I guess they moved around a lot in his formative years all around the Pacific.

Substantively, it doesnt make him any more or less American regardless, just like Obama. These discussions are crap imo... they only truly serve to show that the ones bringing them up are usually the least American of all. And the most American Americans are the one we shun the most.

Comment

His career is gonna be short-lived

Comment

While I disagree with the Guvernator on many issues, I consider him more a citizen than either McCain or Obama. Too bad he can't run next time. Maybe Clint Eastwood would be up for it. Him I'd probably vote for. (Recall that he's been mayor of Carmel.)
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba View Post
                    Should a Soldier serve if he doesn't believe the president is legitimate?
                    He signed a contract with the US military, so: yes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                      He signed a contract with the US military, so: yes.
                      ....because he signed a contract with the US military doesnt mean he should blindly follow whatever they say. If in fact Obama wasnt legitimate why should this soldier serve? It would be going against what hes sworn to protect. (let me cover my butt by saying I DO believe Obama is legitimate but I'm making a point)

"I serve the people of the United States....." -straight from the soldiers creed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Codename46
                        His career is gonna be short-lived
                        He's looking at charges of conduct unbecoming an officer and using contemptuous language toward the president.
                        Since he doesn't have enough time in service to retire, he'll possibility get a bad conduct/general discharge rather than dishonorable discharge with hard time. The officer in question is still serving in Iraq. He enlisted when they raised the age limit to 40. Apparently the raised the maximum OCS age too. He was commissioned in í07 and promoted last month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ba...irthHawaii.jpg

The President has by the issued birth certificate US Citizenship. I think the real question to ask is if he has dual citizenship. He was born in the US (State of Hawaii) and to a US Citizen (his mother); his father was a citizen of Kenya. Anybody holding a security clearance of secret or greater must be a US Citizen only. Of course this is not a requirement for president.

Comment

Originally posted by Doro9 View Post
                          ....because he signed a contract with the US military doesnt mean he should blindly follow whatever they say.
                          Because when you join you promise to follow the lawful orders you are given.

Right now Obama IS the president regardless of any technicality. The people elected him and he was sworn in yada yada yada. If there is a problem either congress or the SCOTUS has to sort it out. Until then he IS the president.

Plus the president isn't giving this dude orders directly, his superiors are. He has to follow what his superiors tell him to do. End of story.

He has every right to say he doesn't like the president or his policies. Nobody is questioning this. He does not have a right to disobey orders.

This guy is a wack job.
                          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Doro9 View Post
                            ....because he signed a contract with the US military doesnt mean he should blindly follow whatever they say. If in fact Obama wasnt legitimate why should this soldier serve?
                            Because he signed a contract that requires him to (as Gringo pointed out) obey any lawful order given to him. Just because he believes in unsubstantiated claims about Obama's citizenship, he's not absolved of his contractual obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakaleel View Post
                              The officer in question is still serving in Iraq. He enlisted when they raised the age limit to 40. Apparently the raised the maximum OCS age too. He was commissioned in ’07 and promoted last month.
                              Did they also lower the IQ requirements as well?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X