19 have been accused of writing bad checks

117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses

3 have done time for assault

71 repeat 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit

14 have been arrested on drug-related charges

8 have been arrested for shoplifting

21 currently are defendants in lawsuits,

84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?
    NBA Or NFL ?

Give up yet? .

Scroll down,

it's the 435 members of the
    United States Congress

The same group of Idiots that crank out
    hundreds of new laws each year
    designed to keep the rest of us in line.

Re: Who done it?

Great point.

So these numbers represent the current 435 in congress?

Originally posted by Doro9 View Post
      Great point.

So these numbers represent the current 435 in congress?
      A representative government that looks like the people they represent.

That is scary.

But seriously. Isn't that what you kinda expect?

Our society values second chances. Many good people have credit problems. Many view the drug laws as out of touch and draconian. I have written a bad check. Bankruptcy is a important part of an entrepreneurial system, it just means people are taking chances.

I think it would be scarier if a representational government was full of righteous ministers that had never done anything wrong.
      Last edited by El_Gringo_Grande; 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM. Reason: expansion.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Those who break drug laws should be at the forefront of getting them repealed. Why aren't they?

Do you really want someone who's an economic disaster running your economy?

The question is, how did these people win their seats? I'd guess because the other front-runner candidate stank even worse. And they rigged the elections to make sure any decent alternatives had no chance. Only those who have massive special interest backing will win. So the way to win is to promise to plunder the public for earmarks for your special interest backers. Plundering the public is quite in line with being an economic villain.

More transparency in government might help. But Obama's first big bill repudiated his desire for transparency by being rushed through Congress without review, with plenty of earmarks piled on. So much for that dream.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Why aren't these guys piss tested?

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed