• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Real Problem with Iraq *NSFW*

*Not Safe for Work*

Why are we still there?

http://www.mywarvideo.com/play.php?vid=132

Re: The Real Problem with Iraq *NSFW*

Wow, that's not going to encourage anybody. You can't invade from a country half way across the world and dictate how their country should be run. They will figure it out on their own terms once its only up to them.
    Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
    Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Because America is too concerned with image and if we just bail now the world's image will be of us destroying a country and bailing. The rest of the world wont see this video or will choose to not see it or dont want to see it.

Comment

I am at work and thus cannot view the NSFW video. Can anyone describe it for me so I know if its worth checking out when I get home?

Comment

Its a pissed off soldier yelling at a group of iraqi police in formation. At first he says that the police in formation have ties to the militia that is attacking soldiers later. Then he calls them cowards. Then he takes questions from the police, who ask him what they should do to fix there "image" he tells them to walk towards the river(unknown) and get in a firefight and F some people up(I'm assuming hes referring to insurgents). There is a back and forth about that issue for a minute or two then the video ends. Mind you I know none of the back story this is just what I"m getting the video.

Comment

I'm not sure how other people feel, but "big deal" hes cusses at them and tells them to man up. Has anyone every been in the military or at the very least been in a Team Sport. Its the same thing you would here there.

Comment

Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
              Then he takes questions from the police, who ask him what they should do to fix there "image" he tells them to walk towards the river(unknown) and get in a firefight and F some people up(I'm assuming hes referring to insurgents).
              Originally posted by johnflenaly View Post
              I'm not sure how other people feel, but "big deal" hes cusses at them and tells them to man up. Has anyone every been in the military or at the very least been in a Team Sport. Its the same thing you would here there.
              I think the "big deal" is a person with no experience in actual law enforcement, telling a bunch of LEOs that it would be a good idea to just go "F some people up."

LEO != Military. One is charged with protecting the peace and general safety of a populace. The other is concerned with fighting a war.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX View Post
                I think the "big deal" is a person with no experience in actual law enforcement, telling a bunch of LEOs that it would be a good idea to just go "F some people up."

LEO != Military. One is charged with protecting the peace and general safety of a populace. The other is concerned with fighting a war.
                The Military does have its own police force, they are called MP's short for Military Police. Tada.

Though I don't know if this soldier is apart of the military police.

Peoples on the internets != Military. One is charged with letting the populace on the internet that know matter what they will say whatever the damned well feel like no matter if they have experience/likeness/dis likeness related to the video/post/picture etc. The other is concerned with fighting a war/protecting a nation, protecting nations.

Maybe he's from Dallas?
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  The Military does have its own police force, they are called MP's short for Military Police. Tada.
                  Yea.... enforcing military law is the same thing as civilian law.... how?

Peoples on the internets != Military. One is charged with letting the populace on the internet that know matter what they will say whatever the damned well feel like no matter if they have experience/likeness/dis likeness related to the video/post/picture etc. The other is concerned with fighting a war/protecting a nation, protecting nations.
                  I assume this is some sort of veiled insult, but the wording is confusing to say the least. If you think there's something wrong with my argument, then why don't you attempt, you know, showing how it's wrong. This "LoLLers yuo suck" really doesn't cut it.

Maybe he's from Dallas?
                  Or maybe he's just a psychopath.

Comment

nothing is wrong with your argument fenix, i was only offering another comparitive analogy with people on the internet to your analogy that you posted, i wasn't trying to insult you in any way, and i forgot to post - sarcasm at the end of the anaolgy which i posted.

I don't believe in using "lol" for anything, personally i look down upon that word in general and the others like it.

The line maybe he was from dallas, was just a joke since i see you are from Houston, that is all.

The soldier might very well be either angry or venting his frustration on the recruits, since in Iraq and in Afghanistan troops from the US and other countries have had trouble with preparing and training citizens of those countries who wish to defend their country
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

nothing is wrong with your argument fenix, i was only offering another comparitive analogy with people on the internet to your analogy that you posted, i wasn't trying to insult you in any way, and i forgot to post - sarcasm at the end of the anaolgy which i posted.
                      Ok. As you know, sarcasm is hard to detect in written communication.

The soldier might very well be either angry or venting his frustration on the recruits, since in Iraq and in Afghanistan troops from the US and other countries have had trouble with preparing and training citizens of those countries who wish to defend their country
                      I've made this argument in the past: professionalism takes on a whole new meaning when it comes to a "service" a person cannot choose to ignore.

If I overhear a guy at Best Buy say "Customers are idiots, so sell them the most expensive and useless piece of crap we have," then I can just hike my way over the Circuit City (ha!) or some other electronics store.

When law enforcement/military behave in a manner like this publicly, they only create a sense of fear in that you have no recourse if you're wronged. I may not care if Iraqi police go "F those guys up," but how could I be sure those guys are even insurgents? That's what most of police work is: identifying the bad guys first, then Fing them up.

Things likely work differently for police in Iraq. But a staple of democracy is at least knowing those in charge of your protection aren't just wackos with guns.

Comment

If I overhear a guy at Best Buy say "Customers are idiots, so sell them the most expensive and useless piece of crap we have," then I can just hike my way over the Circuit City (ha!) or some other electronics store.

When law enforcement/military behave in a manner like this publicly, they only create a sense of fear in that you have no recourse if you're wronged.
                        It's not just LEO/military. It's any government function. That's why private providers are preferable to public providers in almost any endeavor. With a private provider, you can more easily choose not to do business with them.

And I include government-mandated private monopoly providers under the umbrella of "government", such at AT&T before the great telephone company breakup, and municipal cable providers. We went for most of a century with almost 3rd-world telephone technology, and only after the breakup did we see an explosion of innovation in personal communications. There was even a James Coburn movie in which the villain turned out to be TPC, The Telephone Company.
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                          It's not just LEO/military. It's any government function. That's why private providers are preferable to public providers in almost any endeavor. With a private provider, you can more easily choose not to do business with them.
                          There a difference between most government programs and police work.

I can ignore the MUD and dig a groundwater well.
                          I can ignore public school and send my child to private school.
                          I can ignore public trash pickup and use a private one.

In many instances where a public service is offered, a private service offers the same service in a "sometimes better, sometimes worse" manner.

Even if I were to hire personal guards to protect my house/neighborhood/city, I am still beholden to any LEOs. There's a disconnect there (that frankly needs to exist) which we generally don't have for other public services, even if we have to pay for them when we don't use them.

Comment

still "beholden" by LEO's. You make it seem like it is such a burden. "Oh my god, its the police, like my god, don't they have anything better to do then like drive around and stuff."

Yet if you are robbed or something happens:
                            "Like how come it took so long for the police to get to my house, this is pathetic and they like ask me like all these questions, like its my house, i know my rights, and yet they act like i am the bad guy."

It's like being the husband in a marriage, no matter what you do right, you are always going to be in the wrong.
                            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

still "beholden" by LEO's. You make it seem like it is such a burden. "Oh my god, its the police, like my god, don't they have anything better to do then like drive around and stuff."
                              Your lack of reading comprehension contributing to you missing my point is your problem, not mine.

Yet if you are robbed or something happens:
                              "Like how come it took so long for the police to get to my house, this is pathetic and they like ask me like all these questions, like its my house, i know my rights, and yet they act like i am the bad guy."
                              Projecting are we?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X