The hell with the IRS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hell with the IRS!

I'm sure you've heard about this letter to the IRS. Too bad he'll go to jail, unlike those mentioned in the letter. I salute this man!

Dear I.R.S.

I am sorry to inform you that I will not be able to pay taxes owed April 15, but all is not lost.

I have paid these taxes: accounts receivable tax, building permit tax, CDL tax, cigarette tax, corporate income tax, dog licence tax, federal income tax, unemployment tax, gasoline tax, hunting licence tax, fishing license tax, waterfowl stamp tax, inheritance tax, inventory tax, liquor tax, luxury tax, medicare tax, city, school and county property tax (up 33 percent last 4 years), real estate tax, social security tax, road usage tax, toll road tax, state and city sales tax, recreational vehicle tax, state franchise tax, state unemployment tax, telephone federal excise tax, telephone federal state and local surcharge tax, telephone minimum usage surcharge tax, telephone state and local tax, utility tax, vehicle license registration tax, capitol gains tax, lease severance tax, oil and
    gas assessment tax, Colorado property tax, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Oklahoma and New Mexico sales tax, and many more that I can't recall but I have run out of space and money.

When you do not receive my check April 15, just know that it is an honest mistake. Please treat me the same way you treated Congressmen Charles Rangle, Chris Dodd, Barney Frank and ex-Congressman Tom Dashelle and, of course, your boss Timothy Geithner. No penalties and no interest.

P.S. I will make at least a partial payment as soon as I get my stimulus check.

Ed Barnett
    Wichita Falls

Re: The hell with the IRS!

would never happen to public servants because of constituency but geithner he could make a case for it though the importance of his position would trump this man's. lol

It's a comical letter though!

- -

Comment

How does the letter writer know they didn't pay interest? On back income taxes you have to and it sounds like you have to pay interest Geithner did.

I know regular people that did not pay any income or payroll taxes for one or more years. One ended up paying only about 1/2 of what they owed (plus interest). Most just payed them and the interest. Didn't even make it to their credit history.

All that is rather common for everybody. So why is the guy so angry?
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

If you 'salute' Ed Barnett, you're a fool.

All of the individuals mentioned in his letter did pay income taxes, they just underpaid, and they did pay the back taxes either through ammended returns or direct payments, with interest. Geitner's case involved a lack of withholdings when he was (technically self-) employed at the IMF that he apparently failed to take into account when preparing his own taxes. Daschle failed to pay taxes on a private car and driver provided to him through a rather lucrative advisory position from 2005-2007. I'm not saying these guys did or didn't purposefully evade some taxes, but they paid taxes. This is completely different from what Mr. Ed is proposing - not paying any income taxes at all.

He also spelled 'Daschle' wrong, but that seems to be in keeping with Barnett's general awareness of what he's talking about. More interested in political sideshows than facts.

Comment

They only paid once it was brought the the public's attention. Had they not been selected by the messiah no one would've known the taxes 'issues' they had.

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
            They only paid once it was brought the the public's attention. Had they not been selected by the messiah no one would've known the taxes 'issues' they had.
            There is a chance it would never had been caught.

The guy I knew that only paid half was because he (actually his lawyer) contacted the IRS and admitted his guilt. Part of the reason they gave him leniency is because he initiated it. He went for 6 years as a contractor without paying any taxes. Who knows when he would have caught, if ever.

My former boss worked with a guy who claimed he never have paid income or payroll taxes. He never filled out any paper work and didn't have a SSN and always worked for cash.

Those in the spotlight are rarely exceptions. It is only the spotlight that shows a problem which is common.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
              The messiah? Why don't you do us all a favor and put a fat sock in it already.

If you're really on the tax evasion trail (which I kindof doubt), why aren't you instead chasing after the UBS story? In the past few weeks, The Justice Department (under the 'messiah's' lead) has finally suceeded in getting the Swiss banking giant to cough up details on thousands of accounts suspected of being hidden from the IRS. We're talking about over $14 billion in assets.

All dollars being equal, what's the bigger problem here - Daschle's $200K or billions in unpaid taxes from 'ordinary' Americans?

Comment

Er, thats not quite what the article says. The IRS is seeking details on thousands of accounts, but so far it has only obtained info on about 200 of them.

“UBS believes it has substantial defenses” to the U.S. attempt to enforce the summonses and will “vigorously contest” the case, the bank said in the statement. The bank’s objections are based on U.S. laws, Swiss financial privacy laws, and a 2001 agreement between UBS and the IRS, according to the statement.

Comment

I'm the messiah!

Comment

I'm the Messiah....

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

No...

I am. But no need to worry, I most assuredly did not select these people.

Comment

He's not the Mesiah! He's a very naughty boy!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
                          The messiah? Why don't you do us all a favor and put a fat sock in it already?
                          I will, unless it's from a government subsidized sock company. Are you in the pocket of BIG SOCK? :p

The messiah... does it sting you when I say that? The love affair isn't over, yet.

Comment

The bailouts look to cost about 1 trillion dollars. The personal income tax accounts for about 1 trillion in revenue. So we could have used the money wasted on bailouts to instead get rid of the personal income tax. If the bailout can be afforded, then so can that.
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

win ^^^

Of course the down side to that is that YOU would have to decide how to spend your money. You can imagine the drag that would put on the country's productivity - everyone trying to figure THAT out.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X