Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTC fights FreeCreditReport.com with spoof ad

Originally posted by Red Tape Chronicles - MSNBC

You’re the federal agency charged with protecting consumers. You have a $250 million annual budget, subpoena power and the ability to refer cases to the Justice Department for prosecution. So what do you do when one of America's biggest companies continually flouts the law?

You challenge the company to a joke-off.

At least, that's what the Federal Trade Commission has done. On Tuesday it released two videos that spoof the popular FreeCreditReport.com commercials and their trademark catchy tunes.

The government's ads never mention FreeCreditReport.com by name, but the target is clear...

http://redtape.msnbc.com/2009/03/ftc-fights-free.html
    ABOUT TIME!!!

Click Here to see the Videos

~ Draken

Re: FTC fights FreeCreditReport.com with spoof ad

Smart! Really smart.

But why not mention the sites by name? I could come up with a funnier ad than that, like those guys taking the freecreditreport.com actors out back and delivering a beatin' they won't forget.

Comment

I've noticed more and more creative and humorous government sponsored messages lately, and I must say that they are especially effective given that they are an organization usually stereotyped as pumping out boring propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueTheory View Post
        I've noticed more and more creative and humorous government sponsored messages lately, and I must say that they are especially effective given that they are an organization usually stereotyped as pumping out boring propaganda.

[media]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7a1je_responsibilities-of-american-citize_shortfilms[/media]

whatya mean?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse