Riddle You This

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riddle You This

There are two pills on a table. One of them will kill you, while one of them will grant you eternal life. A girl stands behind the table. She is randomly bound only to tell the truth, or only tells lies. You may ask her one (1) yes or no question. How do you determine which pill will grant you eternal life?

-rT

Re: Riddle You This

Ask her to take the pill that will kill her. If she dies she was telling the truth, if not I guess you're out of luck :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I'm familiar with the logic involved in finding the correct yes-no question, but there's another question here: Do you really want to live forever? I'd think that would get pretty boring after awhile. You'd be like that guy in Groundhog Day who keeps trying to kill himself and nothing works. :p

Comment

I'd love to live forever. The difference between my desire to do so and Phil Connors from Groundhogs Day is that he was doomed to live the same day over and over in Punxsutawney, PA. As anyone who has ever been to Punxy will tell you, it sucks.

Comment

Ideally I wouldn't want to live forever...but hell it's better than kicking the bucket because of a damn pill!

Comment

What happens an irresistible force meets an immovable object?
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

The real question is, after ingesting the pill, you you be able to tell which pill you took? Would you be aware of your choice or would you die too suddenly?

Comment

I say screw the yes or no question and just flip a coin and take whatever, if your lucky (or unlucky for some) you'll live forever.

and I would love to live forever, I wanna see how the world changes, what will happen in 100 or even 1000 years.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Living forever would totally suck. It could be fun for maybe 10,000 years but I would definitely want it to end at some point.
                  Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
                  Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
                    I say screw the yes or no question and just flip a coin and take whatever, if your lucky (or unlucky for some) you'll live forever.

and I would love to live forever, I wanna see how the world changes, what will happen in 100 or even 1000 years.
                    But you must watch your family die while you never age, this would certainly alarm some.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Well, my question would be: Would I physically age? If I actually did, then I wouldn't take either pill (Option C: Walk Away). If I wouldn't physically age, I'd go for the question.
                      |TG| 16note

Steam: 16note, Xbox Live: thefifthbeetle

Comment

Originally posted by Mech__Warrior View Post
                        But you must watch your family die while you never age, this would certainly alarm some.
                        Yet sadly many people face the fate of watching loved ones die, riddle or no riddle..

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                          I'd love to live forever. The difference between my desire to do so and Phil Connors from Groundhogs Day is that he was doomed to live the same day over and over in Punxsutawney, PA. As anyone who has ever been to Punxy will tell you, it sucks.
                          LOL!.. So True!! and in FEB!! BLEH!!
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Um..Is Nardini correct? It seems his answer is the logical one.. and if she doesn't die then you keep the other pill for the Zombie holocaust!! (L3Dead!!)..
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

You can ask a yes or no question, so you can't really ask her to take a pill...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X