• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tea Parties - Your thoughts?

What are your thoughts?

Are you attending any?

----------------------------

My local community has organized a few already. Yesterday we had one at the Florida Capital Building with over 200 people.

March 19th we're having one against our county commissioners wanting to raise taxes.

April 15th there will be a huge one at our Capital Building again. Also this is the day for a National Tax Tea Party day.

Re: Tea Parties - Your thoughts?

What do I think of people demonstrating against the government?

Very good stuff! We need more demonstrations if you ask me.

Of course it doesn't mean the demonstrators are right.
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
      What are your thoughts?

Are you attending any?
      My thoughts on tea parties? I like beer parties better.

My thoughts on anti-government tea parties are that you can't expect to cut taxes when your government (and economy, for that matter) are running record deficits. There are much bigger problems than taxes right now.

I'm not attending any, unless someone is holding a tea party for immediate and sweeping financial market and banking reforms.

Comment

Well, the purpose of the Boston Tea Party was to protest lack of representation in the process of taxation, not the actual amount of the tax.
        He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

I bet you a nickle that clever and well thought out explanation was concocted after said recreational destruction of property.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik
            I bet you a nickle that clever and well thought out explanation was concocted after said recreational destruction of property.
            Wait, me?
            He was told that he should not kill, and he did not kill, until he got into the Army. Then he was told to kill, and he killed.

Comment

I don't think I will attend... But I may send a few Tea Bags to a Few of my "REPRESENTATIVES" ...arrgg,... My Head is going to explode... I'm not sure if it's Talk radio filling me with BS or if they are Opening my eyes to the stuff "Popular" media won't cover..
              |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
              ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Mercenary90 View Post
                Wait, me?
                Yes you! We're getting a time machine, going back to Boston, and asking those "Indians" why they're dumping tea into the harbor! And we're doing it tonight!

*goes off to the garage in search of a cardboard box and a flux capacitor*

Comment

Well, one must keep in mind that local merchants at the time no doubt were buying their tea FROM the East Indian Company, and naturally small business owners hate large corporations muscling in on their territory.
                  So I guess the Tea Party was like a mafia beatdown without the kneecap-busting or baseball bats.

And by the way, call me when you have it assembled. I'll work on the navigation computer.

Comment

I was at my brother's the other day and my sister-in-law was wrapping up her collection of little ceramic tea sets, having decided to retire her collections to reclaim the space. So if anyone here wants to hold a tea party, or your significant other is into collecting that kind of thing, let me know, and I'll pass it on to my SIL.

Seriously.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X