X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Fix The Economy

I have a simple plan to fix the economy practically overnight

Dont Scoff

All the bailout money could go to one thing and truly put us back on our feet

Use all the bailout money to halve everyone's mortgage, and we all pay income taxes on our gains ( non-penalized payments over time )

Its really not a bad idea albeit pie-in-the-sky

There is no perfect solution, although this single action would be a shot in the arm that would put us on the road to recovery

Maybe if enough people read this it will work its way to Obama

Re: How To Fix The Economy

Originally posted by MarthaHyer View Post
    I have a simple plan to fix the economy practically overnight

Dont Scoff

All the bailout money could go to one thing and truly put us back on our feet

Use all the bailout money to halve everyone's mortgage, and we all pay income taxes on our gains ( non-penalized payments over time )

Its really not a bad idea albeit pie-in-the-sky

There is no perfect solution, although this single action would be a shot in the arm that would put us on the road to recovery

Maybe if enough people read this it will work its way to Obama
    You should read this article here: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MNR516GA5N.DTL

Comment

Originally posted by RogueTheory View Post
      From article:

At this point, banks also are restricting loans not necessarily because they are weak, but because 4.4 million jobs have been lost, demand for goods and services has contracted, and trillions of dollars in real estate and stock wealth has evaporated, leaving fewer creditworthy borrowers and less demand for loans.
      So they're restricting loans because there's less demand for loans?!

"Market discipline just didn't work," Clark said. "It was just too complicated. Even experts at the Fed had no idea how complicated these interconnections were, how much risk there was."
      It sure won't work if you know the FedGov is gonna bail you out when you roll for the high-risk payoffs, knowing you can't lose.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
        It sure won't work if you know the FedGov is gonna bail you out when you roll for the high-risk payoffs, knowing you can't lose.
        It isn't just that.

The problem is that people can get stinking rich in a very short period of time. There is no real risk for those people long term because they are not held accountable for long term damage.

Really, for many of them, there is no true risk. Yea, they can loose their jobs. But in the end they won't actually loose anything that was theirs to begin with.

When ideas of capitalism first surfaced much of the wealth of the world was created agricultural and very basic industrial activities. These things had true risk. You cold not predict weather and loosing a crop could mean starvation and death.

Much risk today seems to be abstract. The worst that will happen to a financial type is they will have to find a "normal" job. Kinda sucks but it is still better than watching your family starve because the crop failed. What they are actually risking is other peoples value.
        I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Florida Democrat introduces Paid Vacation Act
          http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22794.html

The bill would require companies with more than 100 employees to offer a week of paid vacation for both full-time and part-time employees after they’ve put in a year on the job.
          I think we should get 50 weeks, so we'll have more time to game. :D

The idea: More vacation will stimulate the economy through fewer sick days, better productivity and happier employees.

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

It's an interesting idea Martha, but I object to it for the same reason I object to any form of bail-out. I'm a financially responsible person who saw the writing on the wall and chose not to invest in property. As a result, I'm still debt-free and not laden with an overvalued home loan.

I object to my tax money being given to those who were less financially responsible for the fact that they were less financially responsible. By 'given', that can include my tax money being used to cover the difference created by one-time tax credits, subsidized refinanced loans, and the like.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

A similar argument is being raised to California's desire for a bailout. All the "responsible" states will have to foot the bill for the one that can't manage its credit cards properly.

There's even a move afoot to eliminate state income taxes and replace them with federal funding, and that has the same effect: Subsidizing rich states from poor ones with completely different agendas. That's what's happening within California now, where wealthy Malibu gets publicly-funded goodies laid on the backs of poor communities because all get their revenue from one undifferentiated pot.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X