Those damn British

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those damn British

We're a nation of complainers, in fact I don't think we are happy unless there is something to complain about! Seems these vacationers had to work hard to find something to complain about too...

20 of the most ridiculous complaints made by British holidaymakers whilst abroad. (click next to scroll through them all).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/pi...daymakers.html

POE2 Developer

Re: Those damn British

Still, mustn't grumble. ;)

Seriously, some of those are so ridiculous it makes me ashamed to be a Briton (as if I needed another excuse).
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

My favorite was "Beach was too sandy."

Second favorite was "No one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children where startled."
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
        Seriously, some of those are so ridiculous it makes me ashamed to be a Briton (as if I needed another excuse).
        Could be worse: You could be a Californian. ;)
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I remember reading this a long time ago:

LONDON (Reuters) - The best tourists in the world are the Japanese, followed by Americans and the Swiss, a survey based on views from hoteliers across Europe said Wednesday.

Japanese tourists stood out for being polite and tidy, securing 35 percent more votes than the Americans who came second.

Swiss tourists were commended for being quiet and considerate, unlike the Britons who were judged to be the fifth worst tourists because of rude behavior, noise and a miserly attitude to tipping.

But despite their faults, hoteliers do look favorably upon British spending habits voting them the third biggest holiday spenders after Americans and Russians.

Based on responses from 15,000 European hoteliers, the survey carried out on behalf of travel Web site Expedia showed that the worst tourist nation was France, followed by India, China and Russia.

Britain was second in the worst-dressed tourist table which was headed by the Americans, and fifth in the least-generous table which was headed by the Germans.

Comment

O....M...G....

I'm leaving the country
            Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by jex View Post
              O....M...G....

I'm leaving the country
              To become a tourist? :p

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

ha, saw it on www.fark.com or as the owner of the website refers to it as: "The Nanny State"

if you think that's bad, just read everything that has the "Florida" tag attached to it.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

LOL. Like it's just British saying these things. You KNOW there are lots of Americans saying stupid stuff like this.
                  "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                  Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                  " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                    LOL. Like it's just British saying these things. You KNOW there are lots of Americans saying stupid stuff like this.
                    I agree with that, i'd like to see some complaints of American's on Cruise Ships....why it is so popular in America I have no idea, I've never been on one, but I do know many who have.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                      To become a tourist? :p
                      I can't see where it says "British" - it just says complaints. Could be anyone lol and I doubt the Brits are the only ones to come out with ridiculous comments such as these ;)
                      Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
                        While I can imagine Americans being equally stupid, the Brits may be more rude in their expression of it, earning a lower score among the tourist trade. Americans may simply be more tolerant in their stupidity. (I know I try to be. ;))

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X