university/college fee's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• university/college fee's

i know there's a lot of americans at college, so i was wondering how much your fee's are.

At the moment our fees are £3145 a year + accomidation + living costs + learnig materials. So it equals roughtly £8,000 a year. The government are in talks with our university vice chancelors on raising the fees to between £5000 and £20000 or even to remove the fee cap all together and let universitys decide them selves how much to charge. It is causing an outrage among students and lectures alike. So i invite anyone to comment on what you think of this.

Re: university/college fee's

my veiws on this are that the vice chancelors who are getting paid rediculous sums of money for being pen pushers is a farce
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-salaries.html
    the fee's should stay as they are otherwise students will end up in more debt and eventually the working class people of england will no-longer wnat to go to university as they wont be able to afford it. Leaving universitys open all the higher class people who have lots of money to go to university. Eventually leaving our country run by the rich and wealthy people of england. Not good!

Comment

My local university, University of Texas at Brownsville/Texas State College.
      Currently charges $146 per credit hour so $1752 for 12 credit hours(4 classes) + $1000 in fees. If you take a science class or something requiring a lab class tack an additional $200 easy. A decade ago when I first started college I was paying $1000 for 4 classes.

This is the reason I stay at my local college. I could have gone to a college upstate and paid a ridiculous amount of money to get a college degree.
      But I stayed here for my Undergrad and will eventually move to Houston or Kingsville, Tx for my professional program.

Comment

Tuition for undergrad at my school is $34k. Housing, meals, books, and other fees come to about $16k. So $50k per year total. Graduate students are charged at the rate of just over $1100 per credit hour.

Comment

Originally posted by sordavie View Post
          Tuition for undergrad at my school is $34k. Housing, meals, books, and other fees come to about $16k. So $50k total.
          wow! is that a year? or over the length of the course?

Comment

Fees are all over the place. Private >>> State run. In all places I know of state residents pay less than US citizens from other states and they pay less than International students.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

My younger Sister who applied herself about 300 times more than I did.
              Just finished college in Rhode Island. Which 4 years ago it was $35k per year + living expenses. Now it's around $50k per year.

Comment

Originally posted by browna3 View Post
                That's one year.

Comment

Thats probably per year. I went to a private college for 3 years and it was about 26k per year. And since i was a white middle class male i got crap for aid.
                  that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                  -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                    Fees are all over the place. Private >>> State run. In all places I know of state residents pay less than US citizens from other states and they pay less than International students.
                    seeing as i dont know how america is run as a country i cant really comment on that, im curious to know tho how the fee's compare to that of england. And also if people think that english students have it better/worse off or if you think they should stop their complaining and live with whatever our 'wonderful' governemt decides

Comment

wow, i had no idea that college in america was so expensive.

Comment

wow, i had no idea that college in america was so expensive.
                        i bet you could become a international student at an American college and get your education paid for. Just something else to think about. American colleges cream themselves to have more international students, and will do alot to get them
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

It vary's soo Much.. Since there are STATE Run schools, which can be "CHEAP" if you live in that State (I mean cheap like $8K a year Incl Frees and Room/Board) to the Ridiculous.... I think the Smaller the school the more expensive.. If you haven't heard of it..you can't afford it.. ;-)

Ex:
                          PA Resident Non-PA Resident Discount Eligible Students**
                          Tuition and Fees $ 6,959 $15,089 $ 9,731
                          Room and Board* $ 8,224 $ 8,224 $ 8,224
                          Total Cost $15,183 $23,313 $17,955

** Students from Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia are eligible for the discounted tuition rate, as well as students from all states who have earned a minimum grade-point average of 3.0. Find more information about the Non-Pennsylvania Resident Tuition Discount.

Here are the Big money ones... TUITION ONLY!
                          College Tuition
                          1. Bates College $43,950
                          2. Middlebury College $42,910
                          3. Colby College $42,730
                          4. Union College (NY) $40,953
                          5. Connecticut College $40,900
                          6. George Washington University $40,392
                          7. Vassar College $39,635
                          8. Sarah Lawrence College $39,450
                          9. Bucknell University $39,434
                          10. Colgate University $39,275

* Room and Board estimates are based upon the two-person shared semi-suite and the most popular meal plan (14
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

6 years ago I was in a private college in upstate New York that charged $40 K per year, all told. I had $20 K per year in scholarships, which was enough to let me last all of one year before going completely broke.

Now I'm at a state college that's much more reasonable, clocking in somewhere around $5 K per year. I can pay that off what I earn working part time after class, no problem. Less than one year left to my degree, woot!

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                              It vary's soo Much.. Since there are STATE Run schools, which can be "CHEAP" if you live in that State (I mean cheap like $8K a year Incl Frees and Room/Board) to the Ridiculous.... I think the Smaller the school the more expensive.. If you haven't heard of it..you can't afford it.. ;-)
                              This is probably because they have lower enrollments and smaller endowments.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X