Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox news

Do you love or hate?

well i hate, i never watch it but this....
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk[/media]

Edit!!
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGqPxn7njqM&feature=related[/media]
    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D74Xs1VuYAE&feature=related[/media]
    I Win

Re: Fox news

Worst of the cable news channels IMO. And I think they all suck. It seems to me that the American people only want the "news" to reflect their own biases and beliefs and ignore/vilify/distort all opposing facts and arguments.

I feel that a lot of journalism in the US, especially cable news, is of very poor quality.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I saw this not long ago today on the official Project Reality forums, everyone was disgusted, appalled, offended. Even the usually mild-mannered moderator had something to say on the subject- words that he would usually use as terms to give someone a warning.

I've seen Fox News say some pretty bad stuff, but this is certainly the lowest I have ever seen a Fox News program ever go. Written apologies have been made, but I need to see them all on a live, unscripted broadcast before I believe a word of it.

The second video you posted was one of the many great works from Allen Asch, auther of the YouTube channel LiberalViewer. While sometimes he does appear to have a bias, most of the stuff is fair and he does a very good job of exposing lies and idiocy aired by Fox, complete with legitimate sources.
      Waldo II

Comment

I love Fox News... period..
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

1) Canadians are funny!

2) Colbert as a source for news? If this is were you go..... hmmm...

3) I expect nothing less from Democrats, did you hear the cussing with a little girl right in the middle of it all?

and MSNBC is the WORST new channel of all time! FoxNew is public relations for the government? Maybe the old admin, but we now have a new media wing of the oval office. I get a tingle in my legs every time I hear Barry speak.

I kid, I kid, no seriously though....

Comment

Give me a good example of a decent News Channel.

My ENTIRE family watches FOX. I hate it, but whenever i say i do, they yell at me for following what my Dad says about them. But he and I are on the same terms that it's full of a bunch of idiots.

My dad usually watches ABC world news at 6.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

They're all on equally-low standings, in my opinion. I've been watching a lot of Fox News lately, however, due to the administration ball-gargling that the "liberal" news stations have been romping about in. Simply to get a different point-of-view.

Doesn't it suck that such partisanship even exists in the media?

Comment

I believe the majority of their problems and controversies lie with the "questionable judgment" of the suits at the top constantly putting pressure on the rest of an already extremely partisan network to air as many asshats as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                  T however, due to the administration ball-gargling that the "liberal" news stations have been romping about in.
                  LOL!!
                  :icon_eek:
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemist View Post
                    Do you love or hate?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJn5XlbSFk[/media]
                    This is what happens when conservatives try to be funny.

Comment

Just as long as we understand, funny or not, this is Late Night (like 0100 hrs) "Entertainment". Not NEWS. And the Topic is kind of silly... Canadian Military taking a year off to recoop. Won't happen, but fodder for comedians and actors ... there was only 1 "news person" there..and I think SHE is a legal analyst who needed some overtime or something..
                      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder

Comment

The only thing I sarcastically love more than Fox news are Fox news threads.

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                        Give me a good example of a decent News Channel.
                        PBS - News Hour with Jim Leher. There's no advertising, either. I know it's not really a channel, but if you take all the public affairs programming that airs on PBS, it adds up to a hell of a lot more than anything put out in 24 hours by any other 'news channel.'

Other nightly news programs are not worth watching, they are tailored to the audience. MSNBC and Fox wear bias on their sleeves. CNN at least tries to be unbiased or transparent, but is powerless against the rating forces of sensationalism (they are completely obsessed with the economy right now). Stick with PBS, or better yet, print media. My advice is to always read the same story from two sources, preferrably not tabloid-style outlets. Seek out similiarities and toss aside any contradictions or opinions as either false, inaccurate, or biased.

Fox news is a cheerleading network. You can love it or hate it, but there's no denying that it pushes a pre-scripted agenda. We know this is a fact based on people who have and continue to work for Newscorp and their various media outlets. I'm not even sure what that agenda is these days other than tearing down Obama's administration, but apparently a number of viewers continue to find it entertaining.

Apparently such cheerleading didn't pan out well for the Fox business channel, whose ratings are abysmal. Apparently truth in reporting seems to matter just a little more in the business arena ... just a little, though, because CNBC isn't really the pinnacle of truth either, but at least their overarching mission isn't to put a positive, pro-American spin on everything (and simply ignore anything that they cannot apply that mission to).

What a world.

By the way, I just watched Michelle Bachmann make an absolute fool of herself at today's House Finacial hearing with the Bernanke and Geithner and others. Did she just say 'Kazakastan?' Maybe that's just how the pronounce it up there in Minnesooootah. I wonder if Fox news will have her on tonight to talk about the hearings.

I also have been thinking about transparency in general. People say they are sick of hearing from Obama all the time (he has another Q/A session this evening) - he's on TV a lot, and he clearly wants to be. We have not one but two CSPAN channels on cable broadcasting not just Congress but other political events, without commentary and ad-free. If you add in the Internet, you can pretty much see, hear or read most of what happens regarding government news. Why would anyone choose to watch a Sean Hannity on Fox or Keith Olbermann on MSNBC? Because they can't think for themselves or because they would rather be entertained by the news? I think you really have to ask yourself why you (or someone else) is watching this stuff when in today's Information age, and a public President like Obama in office, they can so clearly go and get it straight from the horse's mouth. Why do we even need the news? Is bias easier to digest?
                        Last edited by Mosely; 03-24-2009, 11:56 AM.

Comment

While deployed, I had access to a radio that I used to pick up BBC News broadcasts. I was really, really astonished at the depth of the reports they put out.

Comment

I find it amusing so many people forget that any of the cable news channels are nothing more than cable TV shows. They are channels with specific advertising and programming to grab a specific market segment. News in any shape or form is purely secondary. I'm only aware of one Weather Channel on basic US cable. My guess is that despite everyone wanting to know the weather, there is less room to carve out a niche. Topless weather girls, FTW.
                            |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

The problem is news outlets like Fox label themselves as "Fair and Balanced" when they are anything but. It's false advertisement, like those Enzyte commercials. Hilariously enough, selling fake penis enlargement pills isn't illegal, just as selling BS isn't illegal for Fox.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X