Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barney Frank and Gay Marriage? Um..? Dude..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barney Frank and Gay Marriage? Um..? Dude..

Why is Frank on a rampage against Supreme Court Justice Scalia and Gay Marriage now? Ideas? Is this just another distraction to get the public off of a complicated financial issue which finds it's roots in the offices of folks like FRANK ..and put it in on a "jucier" more easily digestible topic by the common folk (like me).?
    It would be interesting if we kept track of all the little side lights we see going on as "distractionary" (is that a word?)...like Obama on Leno...etc..etc.. Just a thought off of point...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Barney Frank and Gay Marriage? Um..? Dude..

I guess it's a big deal to him since he is only like the 2nd openly gay member of Congress. I understand his frustration, BUT come on Barney! Focus on the economy right now!
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Frank is one of those guys that just bugs me. He tends to be very provocative and I don't like that in a senator. But he isn't my senator so I will just have to put up with him.
      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

He's not on a rampage at all. He called Scalia a 'homophobe' when asked about taking same-sex marriage law(s) to the Supreme Court during an interview with a gay website. Poor choice of words, but I think it's fairly easy to see his logic there. Is there more to the story? I don't think so.

Frank is flamboyant, though, that's for sure. I've never liked flamboyance in politics. You can do your job without being showy about it. I do like (for lack of a better word, his frankness) though. Not a lot of BS with this guy.

Obama on Leno actually wasn't a distraction at all - Obama is clearly on a mission to stay ahead of armchair analysis by the media (futile, but that's what he's doing). He is taking every opportunity he can to speak directly to the public and in as many venues as possible - 60 Minutes, Leno, and a succession of prime time press conferences. He is campaigning for public support and trust. While he is going on these shows with the intention of talking about the economy, it should come as no surprise that the hosts of the shows bring up other, perhaps more trivial, issues.

I did think Obama laughed a bit much during the 60 Minute interview. I didn't see the Leno interview. I don't think Obama should be straight-faced, but this stuff isn't laugh-out-loud funny either.

Comment

After having a president that was walled off from the world for eight years Obamas actions do seem odd or a bit "out there".
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
            Is this just another distraction to get the public off of a complicated financial issue ...
            I don't think he did this action as a distraction, though both sides are playing politics with the crisis.

Republicans are probably playing up the AIG bonus scandal with hopes it will turn more people against the current people running the government (dems).

Comment

Originally posted by el_gringo_grande View Post
              frank is one of those guys that just bugs me. He tends to be very provocative and i don't like that in a senator. But he isn't my senator so i will just have to put up with him.
              +1!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X