Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• El Chapo Thanks US Lawmakers/Politicians

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...ml?view=screen

I couldn't have gotten so stinking rich without George Bush, George Bush Jr., Ronald Reagan, even El Presidente Obama, none of them have the cajones to stand up to all the big money that wants to keep this stuff illegal. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say, Gracias amigos, I owe my whole empire to you."
    "Whoever came up with this whole War on Drugs," one of his lieutenants reports he said, "I would like to kiss him on the lips and shake his hand and buy him dinner with caviar and champagne. The War on Drugs is the greatest thing that ever happened to me, and the day they decide to end that war, will be a sad one for me and all of my closest friends. And if you don't believe me, ask those guys whose heads showed up in the ice chests."
    All things he put in there were really true, the whole "none of them have the cajones to stand up to all the big money that wants to keep this stuff illegal" and the "Look, everyone knows, when you have Prohibition, you create gangsters. And the more you prohibit, the more gangsters you make."

Anyone else besides me think that its time for the US to stop playing politics and look at things how they really are?
    You could say that the US doesnt care about it's citizens health at all; we've got no health care system and will sell cigarettes to 18 year olds, send kids across the globe to fight a war when they're 18 and yet still prohibit them from buying alcohol until they're 21. Pharmaceutical lobbies, tobacco industries, alcohol companies all put pressure on politicians to keep something like cannabis illegal yet legal drugs kill more people in a year than illegal drugs do (if I'm correct, of course it is because more people use legal drugs than illegal but anyways...). Even the DEA's Administrative Law Judge (from 88' I think, http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/54), Francis Young concluded: "In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care."

Frogetting not to turn a thread about chapos statement into a rant.... but since weed can easily be grown personally its hard for the government to regulate (No income for govt. besides electricity and taxes on growing equipment) however thats the government assuming that everyone is going to start growing if cannabis were to be legalized. In this way you can relate the people who grow weed to the people who created liquor during the alcohol prohibition. The govt. will make more money and help out with the medical as well as the contentment of the people if cannabis prohibition were to end. And any speculation that cannabis legalization would become a gateway to further drug legalization is pretty stupid in my opinion... People are smarter than that, they're not going to decide to chill and smoke a bowl one day then try and go out and find some heroin the next. (Potentially NSFW: Haha I love this guy; http://hightimes.com/video/ht_admin/5244)

Sorry if I got a little bit off topic, was mainly starting this to see some responses/reactions to what the Mexican drug lord had to say about the US policy on narcotics, either way I'd like to see some comments/rebuttals.

Edit: Oh and I made this in this forum section because someone felt like banning me from posting in the sandbox, so my apologies if this was posted in the wrong forum section.
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Re: El Chapo Thanks US Lawmakers/Politicians

Huffingtonpost.. The Content is undeniable because it's common sense.. but since it Huffington it's got that "ooh..I hate the conservative" Spin on it ...
    So.. Old news is no News..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I'm assuming Huffington is like the Onion? (I've not encountered it before.)
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
        Yes, but only accidentally.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
          Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
          Yes, but only accidentally.
          Ha! That's spot on. Not to be outdone, FOX decided they needed to compete with Huffington... welcome to (the) Fox Nation, where reality is as we see it.

Having just loaded the Fox Nation page to link it, I noticed it AND huffingtonpost had the Petraeus 'Israel Might Attack Iran' story as front page two. Why are people such idiots? Not Petraeus - the editors at huffnpuff and faux nation... ugh

Comment

So is the Chapo statement real? It has the smell of an April Fool's story.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X