Barack, you sly devil you!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack, you sly devil you!

He woos foreign leaders almost as well as he gets many Americans all hot and bothered.

"President Obama really found the consensus," Sarkozy told reporters after the meeting. "He didn't focus exclusively on stimulus ... In fact it was he who managed to help me persuade [Chinese] President Hu Jintao to agree to the reference to the ... publication of a list of tax havens, and I wish to thank him for that."

In her news conference, Merkel noted that "the American president also put his hand into this."
    If the guy can make a French AND German leader all moist and get a Chinese to show his unmentionables, what can't he do?
    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Re: Barack, you sly devil you!

He can't walk down the street without the Secret Service beside him :p

Also he STILL can't decide on the first Pet...

~ Draken

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
      what can't he do?
      Solve the economic problem with "hope."
      Skud

Comment

All of this should be expected from a good president. We haven't had one in a long time.

Comment

Although it should be noted that finding agreement, even with your enemies, isn't actually all that difficult -- even Neville Chamberlain could do it. The tricky part is finding that agreement without giving away too much in the process, so I'm going to be interested to see what all Barack's given away during this conference.

Edit: Along that line of thought, I only just now noticed how the article ended:

The warm words followed weeks of sharp divisions between the U.S. and the United Kingdom, on one side, and France and Germany on the other...
          French and German reluctance ultimately prevailed.
          So the leaders of France and Germany were only too happy to complement Obama on giving them exactly what they had been asking for. And this is what "should be expected from a good President"?
          Last edited by Kerostasis; 04-03-2009, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AMosely View Post
            All of this should be expected from a good president. We haven't had one in a long time.
            IMHO we still don't.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

This guy had some good ideas: http://etext.virginia.edu/jefferson/...s/jeff1400.htm
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X