Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Narc shoots himself in leg, DURING children's demo!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narc shoots himself in leg, DURING children's demo!

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/680/

I almost think that this is staged, though...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Narc shoots himself in leg, DURING children's demo!

Poor guy. I hope he doesn't own any cats.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
      Poor guy. I hope he doesn't own any cats.

i dont think he shot himself... there is no way in hell you could just stand there and carry on.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

But... it happened on the intarweb. It must be true.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
          i dont think he shot himself... there is no way in hell you could just stand there and carry on.
          :icon_roll

I've seen people that have been shot done much more than just continue to talk to kids...

And the cat reference went right over my head... :o

Edit: Oh yeah, that other story.... :icon15:
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            :icon_roll

I've seen people that have been shot done much more than just continue to talk to kids...

And the cat reference went right over my head... :o

Edit: Oh yeah, that other story.... :icon15:

cing its rubbish, if he is such an expert as he says he is, he would know that being shot, no matter how badly needs imidiate medical assistance. there are many things that can happen besides the bullet and the initial wound.

dont talk crap...

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Real men carry .45 ACPs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                Real men carry .45 ACPs.
                At least it wasn't a 9mm....

Comment

Originally posted by DudeMan
                  cing its rubbish, if he is such an expert as he says he is, he would know that being shot, no matter how badly needs imidiate medical assistance. there are many things that can happen besides the bullet and the initial wound.

dont talk crap...
                  I don't know if you realize that people die all the time because of attitudes like yours. Gunshot wounds in the extremities are rarely fatal. Shock due to thinking that being shot=dying frequently kills gunshot victims, though...

In this case, I can completely understand the need to remain calm in order to control the situation, while also trying to maintain some semblance of pride...

Comment

Is it any wonder the Drug War is failing...... :icon_razz
                    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                      Is it any wonder the Drug War is failing...... :icon_razz
                      lol @ that

Comment

What was funny was the tangible horror of the kids when he brought out the rifle...and the subsequent calls to "Put it down!"

Smart kids!

"I made a mistake....now listen to me..."

Comment

The video is real and it happened a year ago, I'm told:

DEA Agent Shoots Self During Gun Safety Class

POSTED: 11:27 am EDT April 30, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A federal drug agent shot himself in the leg during a gun
                          safety presentation to children and his bosses are investigating.

The Drug Enforcement Administration agent, whose name was not released, was
                          giving a gun safety presentation to about 50 adults and students organized
                          by the Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association, witnesses and police said.

He drew his .40-caliber duty weapon and removed the magazine, according to
                          the police report. Then he pulled back the slide and asked someone in the
                          audience to look inside the gun and confirm it wasn't loaded, the report
                          said.

Witnesses said the gun was pointed at the floor and when he released the
                          slide, one shot fired into the top of his left thigh.

"The kids screamed and started to cry," said Vivian Farmer, who attended the
                          presentation with her 13-year-old nephew.

"Everyone was pretty shaken up," Farmer said. "But the point of gun safety
                          hit home. Unfortunately, the agent had to get shot. But after seeing that,
                          my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."

The agent was treated at Orlando Regional Medical Center after the April 9
                          shooting and returned to work, DEA special agent Joe Kilmer said.

Police ruled the shooting was an accident, but the DEA headquarters in
                          Washington was still investigating, Kilmer said.
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

poor gun maintenance? obviously there was a round already chambered..... but I am sure he would know this as all police issue side arms are chambered and safetied.....right? a police officer cannot afford the time to chamber a round. so, my question is.... was the trigger filed? did the pin release erroniously? or was he really stupid enough to pull the trigger on his own sidearm with fore knowledge of a round being chambered. pulling the trigger on any gun for any reason while it is pointed at your person is stupid under any circumstance, but this was his gun, he had experience with it, and he was trying to teach a safety course......

I can't seem to wrap my brain around where his thoughts were if he simply pulled the trigger.... so I am forced to go back to poor maintenance. (though a quick glance at my sig will tell you my confidence level in the human condition.)
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                              "But after seeing that,
                              my nephew doesn't want to have anything to do with guns."
                              See, this I don't like. Granted, he is young and should never be handling guns unsupervised, but training with guns is the best way to make them safe.

My friend essentially did the same thing. He was practicing his draw from the hip as part of his CHL training. Unfortunately, when he removed his clip, he put in a loaded one without looking and shot a round through his mirror and wall. This guys been using guns safely for years and he can screw up. The odds are stacked even higher against the ignorant kid with no knowledge of what a handgun is and how it works.

Besides, Glocks aren't safe guns at all (IMO that is). No good safety mechanisms. When compared the a Colt .45 1911, it's like a bomb waiting to go off. In CHL they were talking about the most common injury to a cop is shooting himself in the foot when drawing his gun.

This worries me further because my mom carries a Ruger 9mm. That thing is a piece of junk with no safety at all just a de-cocker. Because of this, she doesn't keep a round chambered, which has to be even worse because what good is a gun you can't fire one handed in a fight?

Colt .45 all the way, even in the unlikely event my safety gets disengaged accidently, I still have the grip saftey and my finger never even touches the trigger unless I'm ready to fire. Just because someone is in law-enforcement doesn't mean they know everything about guns.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X