A short thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A short thought

So i just thought about the situation in A-Stan and Iraq, and how it must be there, from different point of views. And i realized, the Local Police forces and soldiers must be really brave men, esp. with all the suicide bombs.

they join with the knowledge that al-qaida and taleban target a lot of police stations, they know that they wont have the finest equipment, they know they wont earn a lot of money, they know as soon as they join any terrorist would kill them on sight.

At least i think most of the police recruits know about the situation now.

Either they have the choice to live on the street or be in the police force,

or they really do it out of bravery and patriotism for their country.
    I think they really dont get the respect they deserve.

but ey,what do you think?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: A short thought

Wow. I never thought about that until just now. They really are something.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Seriously. My hat goes off to them. Very brave men to accept that duty.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

12 weeks of training and you can join the Afghan police force. For a lot of men, this is a good way to get a legitimate career.

A couple of weeks ago, Frontline World aired a 12-minute piece on General Ali Shah Paktiawal, the 'James Bond of Kabul.' If you're interested in getting a street's eye view of law and order there (or what passes for it), check it out:

http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/ro...n_law_and.html

Comment

interesting read there my friend!

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

I have a book on civilian contractors and there is a section in there about ex-police officers from the States and other places that go to Iraq and train Iraqi civilians to become police officers. The ammount of man power it takes to make a police man out of a civilian who has hardly any recognition of law is huge and props to the people that make it happen. On a more sad note, the book also talked about what happend to those officers.

Apparently, 24 graduated police officers (all Iraqi) were on the bus back home when they were ambushed by terrorists and all were killed. It makes everyone sad when something like that happens and its a waste of resources. I bet those 24 newly graduated officers were looking forward to doing some good for the country they love so much and couldnt wait to get on the job. But no, instead some stupid SOB insurgent has to go and blow up the poor guys.

But anyway, back on topic....Civilian law enforcement people have huge balls for doing what they do. Props to them.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X