No announcement yet.

Ski resort safety

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ski resort safety

I heard about this on the radio this weekend:

Assembly Bill 990, authored by Assemblyman Dave Jones, D-Sacramento, would require California ski resorts to file safety plans with the Division of Occupational Safety and Health, make those plans available to the public, report all serious injuries and fatalities to the Division of Occupational Safety and Health, and post adequate safety signs in the resort.
    What's your opinion on this?

While I generally don't want the government nosing into my business, I also think more information is a Good Thing. So I'm torn whether this is desirable. Is there a better way to accomplish this without getting the cops involved?
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Ski resort safety

I'm all for it. I'd love to be the first guy to post pictures on the internet of ski resorts with a sign on every tree that says "Dont run into me!"

would require California ski resorts to file safety plans
      What they're asking for seems a bit vague.

How about this... Skiing is an inheriently dangerous activity. If you are injured on the slopes it is not our fault. In case of injury on the slopes be sure to scream loudly and often to notify the ski patrol of your situation.

Thank you
      The Resort

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

That's California for you. There's already plenty of warnings about the risks, and others saying the resort isn't responsible for your injuries or death. Seems fair enough. I LOVE skiing, but I also assume the risks when I do it. That should go without saying. If a person needs statistical data and even more signs to say this, then they are a moron and should probably go skiing just for the sake of removing themselves from the gene pool.

I think this is a case of California lawyers muscling their way around via Democrats to push something unnecessary to help them make more money with frivolous lawsuits.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed