Re: Do you know how prayer works?

"Subtle frequencies", ya say?

/goes back to paper.

Comment

1. Prayer
      2. ??????
      3. Prophet
      Last edited by tau_neutrino; 05-13-2009, 06:13 PM.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
        1. Prayer
        2. ??????
        3. Prophet
        :icon_lol:
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

So what happens when I pray for my enemies to die by falling from the sky on top of the evil ones committing genocide against a peaceful people so that I can have their women so that I can finally believe?

I bet that causes all kinds of chaos up (and down) there.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
            So what happens when I pray for my enemies to die by falling from the sky on top of the evil ones committing genocide against a peaceful people so that I can have their women so that I can finally believe?

I bet that causes all kinds of chaos up (and down) there.
            Maybe that's answered by the 3rd region of hell?

Comment

At least they're honest enough to give us an account of their methodology in figuring all this stuff out.

And better yet, spiritual science holds many advantages over modern academic science:

The advantages of this method of spiritual research

* Appropriate use of mankind's talent: Modern research methodology uses up the time and talent of many individuals. If we were to be adept in spiritual research, this talent would be used far more effectively and productively elsewhere. (The cost of not using the talents of mankind effectively by blocking it in conventional research can easily run into billions of dollars.)

* Money: Billions of dollars are used in conducting research. This would not be the case if we were to adopt spiritual research methods as answers can be obtained immediately.

* Time: Some scientists spend their entire life in researching a particular subject. With spiritual research, definitive answers can be obtained immediately.

* Harmful research is avoided: In the course of research much undesirable and potentially harmful research is conducted. Spiritual research, since it comes straight from God cannot be harmful.

* Spiritual benefits: In research by modern science, the researcher develops ego that he 'discovered or invented something'. In spiritual research our ego is reduced, as the feeling is that 'I had questions, God answered them'. In this way, as we come closer to God, not only does our faith and devotion increase but the main goal of life, that is to reduce ego, is actually achieved as a by-product without even asking for it.

Comment

sordavie, I'll bet you didn't mean to, but your quotes just restated tau_neutrino's post up above! ;)

EGG, you must be real popular at your DMV! :p

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  sordavie, I'll bet you didn't mean to, but your quotes just restated tau_neutrino's post up above! ;)
                  Not really. There's no mystery according to these people how this works.

Comment

No mystery, just magic.

Comment

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...