At some point words fail: Contains bunnies, violence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At some point words fail: Contains bunnies, violence

I just don't know what to say... You have to watch this for yourself.

(Note: Contains animated violence.)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOAPKxqutv8&feature=related[/media]

Re: At some point words fail: Contains bunnies, violence

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or is just a cover for blatant racism.

The note at the start hints that it is done in a joking manor, but still I'm not sure what to think. Only in Japan...

~ Draken

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not racism and am willing to believe that it is based on wordplay jokes, they seem pretty popular in anime/manga (i.e. Ichigo in Bleach). The wiki article lists the animals and nationalities and it doesn't seem any worse than representing the Poles as pigs.

EDIT: Can anybody with knowledge of Japanese verify the wordplay explanation?
      BF 2142:|TG| Birdman10113
      CoD4: |TG|Birdman

Let's put the badges here...

Comment

What's his nuts got away with using different species of animals to represent different nationalities in Maus. And as far as I know the Japanese are cool with being blatantly and unapologetically racist in ways that most western nations flat out wouldn't tolerate. Something about being a tiny culturally homogeneous island nation in the middle of no where, they don't seem to take racism seriously the same way that nations like the US, or, say, SA, do.

Comment

I was going "awww" then it turned into "awwwesome!"

Btw, those VA's sound familiar any know who they are? I would pare it down but I watch too many different animes and tend to play my video games with Japanese VA's whenever possible (unless it is Metal Gear Solid ..... or Resident Evil 1: Barry! Where's..... Barry!)

Comment

I cant say much about the "racism", but my understanding is that is a demo of an animation companies work. There was an article with it on another forum I frequent, basically saying that for not all that much money, this relatively small company could create things like that, which they tout to be superior to other "competitors" like Pixar.

Comment

'Rabbit' in Japanese is pronounced "usagi" - USA GI. That's the pun. Two semesters of Japanese during college and all I can remember are words for common animals and food items. And that there are two phonetically identical alphabets, one used for natural Japanese words and the other used for adapted foreign words. lol :\

I think it's a trailer for a anime adaptation of a long running manga series in the works. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ies-from-anima

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X