Ron Paul on Morning Joe.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Paul on Morning Joe.

Ron Paul seems to be getting more media attention in recent months as his once radical views are not considered to be so radical anymore by the mainstream media. Although I never considered constitutional thinking to be radical at all. Joe Scarborough praised Ron Paul for his prediction of the housing market collapse in a 2003 speech, and quoted him in his new book. Here is an excerpt from that speech and video from the interview. The full context of the speech can be read here

"Despite the long-term damage to the economy inflicted by the governmentís interference in the housing market, the governmentís policy of diverting capital to other uses creates a short-term boom in housing. Like all artificially-created bubbles, the boom in housing prices cannot last forever. When housing prices fall, homeowners will experience difficulty as their equity is wiped out. Furthermore, the holders of the mortgage debt will also have a loss. These losses will be greater than they would have otherwise been had government policy not actively encouraged over-investment in housing." Dr. Ron Paul, September 10 2003

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3JNcMDWwg[/media]
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Ron Paul on Morning Joe.

Paul has always been considered a nutball by the left, and a great thinker by the fiscally-conservative right (not to be confused with the Bush part of the right that can spend government money faster than drunken sailors).
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Is it ok if I think of him as a nutball AND a great thinker? He's one of those people who makes perfect, brilliant sense...but only every once in awhile.

Comment

I don't see him as a great thinker, but as a great popularizer of economic ideas. Sort of the same relationship Asimov had to science.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X