Got a new ride!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a new ride!!

05 Scion TC. It's awesome. Dark blue w/ 5 speed!

In the pursuit of... something.

Re: Got a new ride!!

piccy? I don't even know what one of those is.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

That's a nice car bro!

'05 Scion TC
      New to TG?

Comment

They call those Hyundais in Britain. I guess they rename them in the US because you guys hate foreign cars.
        http://www.hyundai.co.uk/look/range/coupe/gallery/
        Wintermute

Comment

Um, we hate foreign cars? We also have Hyundai here.
          New to TG?

Comment

And not to be rude but it isn't a Hyundai. It is manufactured by Toyota. It uses the drivetrain from the Camry. I'll post pics when I get my digi cam back. It is dark blue and looks AWESOME! This car makes taking the long way to work fun! :) Of course I don't want to stop when I get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
              They call those Hyundais in Britain. I guess they rename them in the US because you guys hate foreign cars.
              http://www.hyundai.co.uk/look/range/coupe/gallery/
              Well, this is still a foreign Crapanese car, but it's not a Hyundai. It's Toyota's new "hip" car. Their marketing it as a new brand, just like they did with Lexus, and are appealing to the younger crowd with it. I have to admit that, for the money, it looks like a decent car. I think they're pricing them low just to get them out right now, though...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

"FOR THE MONEY" should be the key quote here. They are DEFINITELY no Mercedes but are very nice for sub 20k. I in fact payed 16k out the door for mine. Not bad....

Comment

Ford has Aston-Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, and huge shares of a lot of others......

BMW owns Mini, Rolls Royce, triumph, riley, and austin healey

Volkswagen owns Bentley, Audi, Lambourghini, Buggatti, SEAT, and Skoda

GM owns Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC, Saturn, Hummer, Saab, Vauxhall, Opel, and Holden and also has a stake in Subaru, Suzuki and Isuzu. GM Bought and integrated Daewoo as a new Chevrolet compact and intermediate line (Aveo, Optra and Epica). Suzuki will sell a version of the Epica, called a Verona.

DaimlerChrysler owns Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep and Smart, and partial ownership of Mitsubishi. There are no more Plymouths. Hyundai is also partially owned by DaimlerChrysler, and Hyundai wholly owns Kia.

Honda owns Acura.

Toyota owns Lexus, Scion, Hino and Daihatsu.

Renault heavily invested in Nissan and its luxury division, Infiniti.

Porsche is a stand-alone company.

This is the car company breakdown as of 2004. there are some I missed for sure, but I think I got most of them......
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by JBRanger
                    And not to be rude but it isn't a Hyundai. It is manufactured by Toyota.
                    I stand corrected. Just shows how little I know about cars.
                    Wintermute

Comment

Nice car but I hate Scions. (The death of the aftermarket electronics industry if you ask me.) BTW did you get it customized?
                      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Well, this is still a foreign Crapanese car, but it's not a Hyundai. It's Toyota's new "hip" car. Their marketing it as a new brand, just like they did with Lexus, and are appealing to the younger crowd with it. I have to admit that, for the money, it looks like a decent car. I think they're pricing them low just to get them out right now, though...
                        Well i dont wanna start an arguement here but u saying crapanese car is completely wrong IMO because Japanese cars last longer then any American car (Btw I am American) and they are just better quality. I will get flamed for this one but I would take the $60,000
                        Lexus over the $100,000 Mercedes anyday. My friend who hates Lexus and loves Mercedes even agreeded with me after we went to the car show and sat in both. I think it was the fact that the back seats reclined and massages u that helped him decide.

Originally posted by =DdogG=
                        Ford has Aston-Martin, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, Lincoln, Mazda, Mercury, and huge shares of a lot of others......
                        If I am wrong about this one please correct me, I think Mazda is only part owned by Ford, im thinking the Mazda engines are still japanese engines but the rest is Ford. Which is why they break down less then American cars.
                        Last edited by MightyTibian; 03-30-2005, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I'm actually very interested in getting one of the new Scion tC's and am waiting just a little longer. They are putting a supercharger in it (should be April/May) that will give it 200hp instead of the stock 160hp.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101717

The Muffin Man

Comment

Originally posted by MightyTibian
                            Well i dont wanna start an arguement here but u saying crapanese car is completely wrong IMO because Japanese cars last longer then any American car (Btw I am American) and they are just better quality. I will get flamed for this one but I would take the $60,000
                            Lexus over the $100,000 Mercedes anyday. My friend who hates Lexus and loves Mercedes even agreeded with me after we went to the car show and sat in both. I think it was the fact that the back seats reclined and massages u that helped him decide.
                            Mercedes is an import too.... and better built than most other cars save a rolls or other handbuilts like lambourghini or ferrari. but I would take a GMC 3500, Dodge 3500, Ford f350, or Chevy Silverado as a Diesel over ANY import ANY day..... they get 500,000 before real issues with the engine.... no import can get those numbers.... mercedes and volkswagen are coming close with a 300,000 or 400,000 mile engine, but the americans got longevity right with their diesels.......

Originally posted by MightyTibian
                            If I am wrong about this one please correct me, I think Mazda is only part owned by Ford, im thinking the Mazda engines are still japanese engines but the rest is Ford. Which is why they break down less then American cars.
                            mazda is completely owned by ford, which is why the ranger and b-series trucks, tribute and escape, and a few other cars are identical. Ford likes to cross dress a few cars with all their lines, then let the subsidiaries have reign over the rest..... the ford, lincoln, and mercury names are the tightest knit group, Jaguar is getting in there with the x-type... (now using a countour chassis), but mazda has I think 5 lines that are just ford rebrands.....
                            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

To each his own, but I don't NEED a diesel. Also it is out of my price range. All factors analyzed the TC is right for me.

About waiting on the TC supercharger....eh, you may be waiting a while. They keep pushing it back. Hp will be at 200hp which would be a kick in the pants. I feel the 160 moves the car nicely now. It's no vette, but it's no civic either. Also you could buy the car and get the s/c installed later and therefore have cheaper payments up front. Also realize that that will be pushing the limits of the stock clutch. People who have been turboing the TC have been saying the clutch flies like a frisbee above 5 lbs of boost.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X