Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zeitgeist

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has watched the zeitgeist movie, i watched it the other day and it spun me out. If you have what are your thoughts.

Cheers
    |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Re: zeitgeist

Is this it?

[media]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197[/media]

Sure makes you wonder? Bit too much conspiracy for my liking!
    If you are easily offended by others opinions, and some graphic imagery, look away now!
    Last edited by MrMojay; 05-28-2009, 10:49 AM.

Comment

My favorite parts are on religion.
      |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

It involves dead kittens:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...ist-movie.html
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I agree on some of the issues presented in the film. Not too impressed by the sources used.

Too much sensationalism, needs more/better sources, more documented facts.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I've seen it...
            eh/bah/whatever
            "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
            Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
            " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to get shoveled into the litterbox.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
                I was wondering how long it would take for this thread to get shoveled into the litterbox.
                Not long. Anything that goes against the mainstream is quickly discarded as too radical. Whether you agree with the subject matter of this film or not, its worth watching just to promote thought outside the box.
                |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

I watched it I wasn't impressed...

The section on religion, eye opening, but it didn't change how I believe.

The World Trade Center, yeah most of this has already been shown as false.

The World Bank. I'll admit some of the ideas presented here are a little unnerving, particularly considering recent acts but I'm not completely sold on what they had to say.

In all yeah a great movie to watch and discuss, but for me, not really anything Earth shattering to be found.

~ Draken

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
                    I watched it I wasn't impressed...

The section on religion, eye opening, but it didn't change how I believe.

~ Draken

If I may, how did you believe before you watched it?
                    |TG-Irr| JWG

Comment

I'm not perfect, but do I consider myself a Christian.

~ Draken

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
                        I'm not perfect, but do I consider myself a Christian.

~ Draken
                        Traditional Christianity, like literal. Or do you view it more as a metaphor/allegory for something simpler and basic moral teachings. That is how I took Zeitgeist and my own personal outlook on religion.
                        |TG-Irr| JWG

Comment

Christ being the Son of God: literal
                          7 days and 7 nights of creation: metaphore. Even the Bible says that God uses a diffrent concept of time versus mortals.

So to answer your question, I'm more in line with metaphors, but there are a few things that ultimately only personal faith can decide.

~ Draken

Comment

Very interesting. How did you feel about the Zeitgeist's explanation of Jesus's story/background being similar to hundreds (if not more) different belief system figures and it's comparison to the seasons, solstices, etc?
                            |TG-Irr| JWG

Comment

The early Christian church took many of their modern day festivals and holidays from other religions. Easter is the best example as a pagan holiday re-purposed for the christian faith, however Christmas is another such holiday. The timing of Christmas is indeed intentional based on the solar calendar and the position of the sun. So as for the day chosen to celebrate Christ's birth, interesting but nothing I didn't already know.

As for others who had the same back story... I'll be honest it's not something I can argue one way or another. Like the movie said it is not something that you can just Google. You have to spend hours looking over old texts to even find the stories and comparisons let alone the rest. So I guess it is all an issue of faith, and what I choose to believe.

John 3:16 is the cornerstone of the Christian faith it says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" In short if I can't have faith in this one line alone then forget the rest of it, hence I choose to believe.

~ Draken

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X