No announcement yet.

Will you buy a Government Motors auto?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you buy a Government Motors auto?

I hear people say they will not buy a GM car. Will you buy one? Why? Why not?
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: Will you buy a Government Motors auto?

I have owned Fords, Dodges, VWs, Nissans and International Harvestor (Scout).

Never owned a GM, though I would.
    I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I have owned GM vehicles for about 8 years of my life. Besides the politics behind what is going on with the company...I personally just like the way the vehicle runs and the way it feels. How do you feel about owning or buying a GM vehicle kin3 being you posted the question?
      Last edited by TG Latina; 06-01-2009, 04:08 PM.
      |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Of course I would. Given the way you chose to title this thread, I think it belongs in the sandbox.
        sigpic

Comment

seeing as they dropped their best division (pontiac) i'm not sure if i would buy another gm.. thou only time will tell..

i work on all sorts of cars and the quality of gm over the past decade as dropped ALOT but they can still make decent cars and still have tim eto impove their designs so we'll see
          "Never underestimate the power of overwhelming stupidity in overwhelming numbers!" Goblins

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” Albert Einstein

"One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine..."
          - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

“If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.” – Sea King helicopter pilot, Canadian Air Force

Comment

Sorry I always thought GM meant general motors, or is this some American pune (well not so much a pune as a play on acronyms)?
            Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

kin was playing with the acronym. GM does mean general motor.

Comment

Own one now,

Would like to sell the one I have now (CTS-V) for a new one (G8). GM has the most affordable supercar on the market as well as a stable of well made quick econo-boxes (cobalt ss). This is only a set back for the co, GM will continue to be a great car co making a quality product.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Only if they can engineer one that leaks more than my Land Rover.

Comment

Originally posted by TG Latina View Post
                    I have owned GM vehicles for about 8 years of my life. Besides the politics behind what is going on with the company...I personally just like the way the vehicle runs and the way it feels. How do you feel about owning or buying a GM vehicle kin3 being you posted the question?
                    No I don't think I would. I would have concerns about warranty repairs and dealers. Are the dealers going to be there when I need them. They are cutting franchises and if business doesn't pickup will they cut more?

The GM thing, well the government own 70% now.

Yea I should have posted in the Sand Box. Wasn't thinking I guess.:icon11:
                    The Old Guy
                    kin3
                    sigpic

Comment

I buy cars infrequently enough that I won't have to face the question for several years yet -- but in theory if I were to buy one tomorrow, I'd definately go for Ford over GM.

My last car was a Kia though, and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I might stick with them and not buy American at all.

Comment

Yeah. Even with the company's problems, I want the 2009 CTS-V SO bad. I have a 2005 V, and love it so much!
                        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

On principle, I'd rather support Ford if I had to choose one of the domestics. In reality, I will always choose the car that is "right" for me, no matter what brand.
                          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I just learned by taking that "Pew Research" IQ quiz that Ford is the few U.S Automakers who have not received a "bailout" by the U.S Government. Good on them!

This coming from a GMC owner.
                            |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

Ford realized years ago that this was going to happen and has been working on it slowly over the past few years as to not concern their customers... Great plan...

Chrysler has more or less just sold it's self to fiat of all things and GM has Dropped all but 4 lines (Buick, Chevy, Cadillac and GMC) and i think Saab for it's euopean base was also going ot be saved. but i never heard anything about it. The dude that turned around K-Mart was just named new president for GM so we can hope to see some good things from them in the future.

Couger you better get your G8 soon... Pontiac is being chopped no more great sports cars :(

Should have been Chevy- economy/family cars Cadillac - Luxury cars Pontiac - Sports cars and GMC utiliy vehicals... What is with Buick!!!
                              "Never underestimate the power of overwhelming stupidity in overwhelming numbers!" Goblins

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” Albert Einstein

"One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine..."
                              - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

“If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to.” – Sea King helicopter pilot, Canadian Air Force

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X