20 years ago today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 years ago today

[media]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d8/Tianasquare.jpg[/media]

June 4, 1989 - Tian An Men square massacre
    天安門事件 / 六四屠城

The PRC's handling of the anniversary of this tragedy is deplorable. Can't say I'm surprised, though.

RIP to the fallen. May their sacrifice not be in vain.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Re: 20 years ago today

RIP to the fallen and their families.
    |TG-8th| LATINA

[conduct][medic]

:icon14: :icon1: :icon_bigg

Comment

Let's here it for the delicate hand of our close friends and allies the Communist Chinese...

God, we live in a strange world.

Comment

I guess we traded Saddam Hussein for Red China. How long before the pendulum swings the other way?
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

That indecent has forever tainted my view of China. Even with Tibet, the Dali Lama, disappearing people, tiananmen, censorship and the cultural revolution. I think they are progressing and their worst days are behind them.

Comment

True, they're definitely making headway. The thing is, they're still nightmarish by the idealized standards that America is supposed to live up to. Arbitrary detentions, media blackouts, extensive censorship, brutal repression of minor religious movements. And they're our most important ally, in some ways, and we're there's, in that we're both completely intertwined economically.

I've gotta stop using Us and We in these posts. I keep forgetting it's not just US members on these forums. Bad habit. Does anyone know if the TG forums can be accessed in the PRC?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X