Pope John Paul II Passes at 84

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope John Paul II Passes at 84

VATICAN CITY - Pope John Paul II, the Polish pontiff who led the Roman Catholic Church for more than a quarter century and became history's most-traveled pope, has died at 84, the Vatican announced in an e-mail Saturday.
    May he rest in peace.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._on_re_eu/pope

Re: Pope John Paul II Passes at 84

May he rest in peace, indeed.

Party at the pearly gates, though. :)
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

sigh...what sad news :(

Comment

Originally posted by Nightfire
        sigh...what sad news :(

i dont know... he had good innnings.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

He was a good guy. He helped out a lot people by just being there for them and comforting them in their darkest days.

I just didnt like how he was so closed minded on some issues.

Aside from that, may he rest in peace.

Comment

Y'know, I was going to post this earlier, and didn't. I just spent about a minute debating myself as to whether or not I should post it again. And I've decided to post it because it's cute and inspiring and someone's death doesn't have to be all doom and gloom: http://www.frontsteps.com/details.php?id=141

It's inarguable that Karol Wojtyla made this world a better place. May he rest in peace, party in heaven, or whatever else he might desire in his afterlife... He's deserved it.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm not certain I mourn so much the death of John Paul, he was obviously suffering greatly and his life will never be forgotten by history. Perhaps what I mourn the most is the future of Roman Catholicism. The next Pope has a lot on his plate and he's not going to be from the old school era such as every other pope before him. He's going to be a modernist responsible for bringing the Church out of it's economic slump. Images from the movie Dogma flash in my mind as I see this next pope marketing the church with Buddy Jesus action figures.

All this being said,

See you when we get there John Paul!
              | | |

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                Y'know, I was going to post this earlier, and didn't. I just spent about a minute debating myself as to whether or not I should post it again. And I've decided to post it because it's cute and inspiring and someone's death doesn't have to be all doom and gloom: http://www.frontsteps.com/details.php?id=141

It's inarguable that Karol Wojtyla made this world a better place. May he rest in peace, party in heaven, or whatever else he might desire in his afterlife... He's deserved it.

Nice find Cing :icon14:

Yes, he definetly made a great impact in the world with his life!

On the note of the Pope video, you guys have the watch the one on Johnny Cochrain :icon_razz
                http://www.frontsteps.com/details.php?id=144

Comment

Good riddence.

John Paul II was illeberal and fostered suffering. As you read this sentance a child has become an AIDs orphan as a direct result of Pope John Paul II's preaching against contraception to the millions of catholics in Africa. He also was opposed to female priests, thought homosexuals are evil and never spoke out against the IRA. I hope the next Pope is a better humanitarian, but I doubt it since general catholics have no say, only JP II's cronies.
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Children in africa are made aids orphans because of their parents' infidelity. Don't have sex outside marriage, and you don't get aids. No-one can lay Aids on the Pope.

The most successful program in Africa for dealing with aids is in Uganda, where abstinence and personal responsibility are stressed, not latex. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/3673327.stm

If a scientist says gee it's working in Uganda let's try it somewhere else, that's rational. If the Pope suggests that using church money to hand out condoms or sending Nuns out across the globe to teach people how to commit adultery safely is a nutty suggestion, then he deserves to die?

Even if it's a reasonable subject for debate, the timing is terrible: a drunken punchup at a wedding. The decent thing to do it to let his people bury him before one starts trashing his name.

God bless the Pope. He taught us all a lot about how to live and how to die.
                    Last edited by leejo; 04-03-2005, 06:29 PM.

Comment

never spoke out against the IRA.
                      yeah true, not eing catholic he is just another dead person, and one with power, imo he never used the power for good, but to tell ppl the rules...

still not a nice thing that he is dead though, i dont think good ridence is really fair. he is still human, and didnt ever do anything that was atrocious.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

God bless the Pope. He taught us all a lot about how to live and how to die.
                        i doubt that... verry much... he taught all catholics maybe, eventhen i would doubt that... but whatever.

www.TeamElement.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X