Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Came First, the chicken or the egg?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Came First, the chicken or the egg?

According to my friend, neither. He posted this on Facebook.

"Compare the chicken and egg by means of form. The two are very different, one is complex, while the other is simple.

Furthermore, all of the developement occurs in the egg. Without the egg, the chicken would not be what you see.

Also, if you take the question seriously it only provides you with one chicken when it takes both genders (two chickens) to create an egg.

-Consequently you have only one egg, which could only hatch one chicken, which would not be able to spawn without another.

In conclusion, each choice is incorrect leading me to develope a theory of pairs.

"You cannot have one chicken in the present without having two chickens in the past to create what exists today.""

Very interesting, yes?

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Re: What Came First, the chicken or the egg?

The egg came first, laid by the chicken's related-but-different ancestor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
      The egg came first, laid by the chicken's related-but-different ancestor.
      that's the Evolutionist point of view
      if you look from the Creationist point of view, the Chicken came first - made by god.
      that's all this arguement really is, Evolution vs. Creation.....
      even from the most scientific points of view... where did Energy come from?, as the Universe was born from a mass of energy.........
      was it created?.
      has it always been?.
      how can something always have been?, and if it hasn't always been, how did the energy get there?.
      Men from both points of view, Creation and Evolution are all blind. both beliefs take a leap of faith. scientist believe a perception of fact, fact is they don't know much. Holy people dont know about as much as a scientist at that. our civilization still has a Lot to learn *if we ever learn it that is*

Comment

Oviparity existed millions of years before birds evolved, so I'd say the egg came first :P

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Wikipedia holds all knowledge...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken-and-egg_problem

Comment

A chicken is the contents of an egg.

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
              A chicken is the contents of an egg.
              Not really. The contents of an egg will become a chicken if everything goes right.

It is like say a human = Atoms of a human body.

Put those atoms in a pile and tell me it is a human.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                that's the Evolutionist point of view
                if you look from the Creationist point of view, the Chicken came first - made by god.
                that's all this arguement really is, Evolution vs. Creation.....
                even from the most scientific points of view... where did Energy come from?, as the Universe was born from a mass of energy.........
                was it created?.
                has it always been?.
                how can something always have been?, and if it hasn't always been, how did the energy get there?.
                Men from both points of view, Creation and Evolution are all blind. both beliefs take a leap of faith. scientist believe a perception of fact, fact is they don't know much. Holy people dont know about as much as a scientist at that. our civilization still has a Lot to learn *if we ever learn it that is*
                Science says "From what we can observe, this is how things work."

Religion says "I failed Biology 1001, so a magic man in the sky must have done everything.

The big bang isn't the final, definitive truth of what happened and why the universe is the way it is. it's the best informed guess that we can make based on the evidence available to us.

Likewise, Likewise, the best evidence we've got suggests that something, at some point, reproduced by splitting a less complex part of itself off, and allowing that less complex part to grow into a full adult. add a few billion years and chicken/egg.

Comment

God created the simplest single-cell organisms, which everything evolved from.

IMO

So I guess the chicken :D

EDIT: HAHA WHO AM I KIDDING? Will Wright made everything.
                  Last edited by Skud; 06-06-2009, 10:49 PM.
                  Skud

Comment

The egg. You can't have the chicken without an egg first (even cloning needs eggs).
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by stickyjeans69 View Post
                      Men from both points of view, Creation and Evolution are all blind. both beliefs take a leap of faith. scientist believe a perception of fact, fact is they don't know much. Holy people dont know about as much as a scientist at that.
                      The difference is that the scientist is postulating a rule to describe the evidence, not declaring the rule and then twisting the observations to fit it.

Imagine watching a game of chess in the park, when you don't know the rules of the game. The holy man makes up a set of rules, and declares that any observed deviation from the rules must be either cheating or a miracle. The scientist accepts that his guess about the rules was wrong, and modifies his guess.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Rosie O'Donnell, she walked by and ate both the chicken and the egg, and then complained that they were both bland.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
                          Science says "From what we can observe, this is how things work."

Religion says "I failed Biology 1001, so a magic man in the sky must have done everything.
                          Are you kidding? Our teachers weren't even allowed to touch the subject. In fact, I believe Texas edition text-books are specially printed to remove "questionable" material. Man, did I get a third-rate education or what?

Comment

I had a teacher who said to the entire class his personal belief was that creationism should be tough in science and evolution tough in mythology (ironically the class was Greek/Roman and Egyptian mythology with a touch of Norse) but that was besides the point...

As for the Chicken and Egg, I too hold to the thought that many different creatures laid eggs long before the 'modern' chicken was around...

~ Draken

Comment

God put animals on the Earth, not eggs. So the chicken. Obviously he would have put 2 chickens of different genders. That is the Creationist explanation.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X