Grandmother Tasered

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandmother Tasered

I don't know what to say. I'm speechless.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxhYaUjZUI0[/media]

The full article can be read Here.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Grandmother Tasered

I must admit - I'm a little underwhelmed. What else should/could he have done to physically restrain her? (and she DID need physical restraint.. old lady or not)

Comment

She deserved it. No wonder she didn't want to comment when the dash cam footage was released, after completely not telling the truth in the previous interview about being combative and argumentative.

Comment

It's still a little questionable in my mind to be using this device to force compliance against someone who doesn't pose any sort of physical threat to anyone. But who knows what would have happened if the officer would have had to wrangle her into a pair of handcuffs, because she had clearly decided that she was not going to go along with anything the officer was requesting, and didn't heed any of the warnings that she would be tased. She did deserve it, but it's worrisome that a potentially deadly Taser would be used to get her to cooperate.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

He should have explained to her that signing the ticket is not an admission of guilt but a promise to appear in court or pay the fine. And that if she did not sign she would be placed under arrest to make sure she made the court date.

Instead he flung her door open and ordered her out of the truck. When she realized he was going to place her under arrest, she said she would sign. Instead of letting her sign and calling it a day. He yelled at her at the top of his lungs and escalated the encounter. He was within the law but, we don't need cops that act like spoiled brats. We need men who treat old ladies with respect even if they are crotchety and half senile.

Comment

There is a chunk of video from where she declines to sign to where she is shoved. This is importent information that we lack.
            The soldier formerly known as, Eroak.

From the TG Primer: 2) Create an environment where there is
            mutual respect for your fellow gamers
            and where all members
            would be working together to advance the enjoyment of their hobby.
            Former TGU Dean, 3rd, 9th, & 56th IHS member.

Comment

I agree with Eroak one needs to see the full video before making a judgment. I assume the full tape was disclosed and that the Media outlet edited it for time, but until then it is hard to say...

First impression the woman was give plenty of opportunities to comply and didn't, but again there is a huge section mission so it is hard to say for sure.

~ Draken

Comment

Let's see..

1.) She lied about the incident, clearly.
                2.) She WAS combative and disobedient with the officer's orders.
                3.) Pushing him could've put BOTH of them at risk with the highway right there.

She didn't listen, she gets the EQUAL treatment. A**holes and idiots get old too. Not all elderly are innocent little frail men and woman. Not an excuse.
                |TG-Irr| JWG

Battlefield 2 - Project Reality

Comment

Originally posted by JWG View Post
                  A**holes and idiots get old too. Not all elderly are innocent little frail men and woman. Not an excuse.
                  I tend to agree with you. Getting old, in my opinion, does give a person some headway and rights, but it never gives anyone the right to be abusive or disrespectful to anyone.

Personally I think trying to physically restrain her would have put them both in danger on the side of the highway. Your on the side of a highway, it is really no place to argue.

Comment

I think sometimes people forget that while a Taser may seem excessive, putting your hands on someone can lead to a whole new series of issues. She may not be able to overpower the officer, but a few bites or well placed kicks would turn the situation far uglier.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                      She deserved it. No wonder she didn't want to comment when the dash cam footage was released, after completely not telling the truth in the previous interview about being combative and argumentative.
                      "She deserved it' I hardly think so. Imagine if that was your grandmother. I'm sure you would not have the same opinion. Americans are expected to just "bend over and take it" when the police routinely use excessive force and bully tactics. Discretion is the key word here. That officer clearly had none.
                      |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
                        "She deserved it' I hardly think so. Imagine if that was your grandmother. I'm sure you would not have the same opinion. Americans are expected to just "bend over and take it" when the police routinely use excessive force and bully tactics. Discretion is the key word here. That officer clearly had none.
                        My grandmother wouldn't act like a criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          My grandmother wouldn't act like a criminal.
                          Same here. My family doesn't act like "the man" is out to get us. You'll get a lot further with officers if you give them respect and REMEMBER that they are not the judge. Arguing with an officer does nothing but show either how guilty or dumb you are.

Comment

Originally posted by machowner View Post
                            Same here. My family doesn't act like "the man" is out to get us. You'll get a lot further with officers if you give them respect and REMEMBER that they are not the judge. Arguing with an officer does nothing but show either how guilty or dumb you are.
                            Lets not try to draw a line in the sand that signifies if you question police tactics you are somehow paranoid that "the man" is out to get you. I have no contact with law enforcement at all. So why would I care about thoses who do? The police have an extreme position of power and should be watched and held to the highest form of accountability. Blind support for the police is not healthy in a free society. I have to admit that the woman was argumentative . But did she need to be tasered? It just seems so excessive.

Since when have we Americans been expected to bow submissively to authority
                            and speak with awe and reverence to those who represent us?
                            Justice William O. Douglas
                            |TG-X| mp40x

Comment

I have to admit that the woman was argumentative . But did she need to be tasered? It just seems so excessive.
                              If she was being arrested, all she had to do was comply in order to not get tased. Police would have to get paid a WHOLE lot more if you wanted them to go hands-on with everyone they encountered. (How much did Mike Tyson make the last time he was in the ring?) Police are given tools to make arrests safer for everyone. The taser is MUCH safer for the criminal than being tackled and twisted into compliance. It's obviously safer for the cop, too. Why wouldn't you want the Taser used more often? Because it sounds icky? Because the criminal doesn't have a "fair chance" to fight? Screw that... Again, cops aren't paid to get into fights. Not even fights with grandmas...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X