Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Why do you *LOVE* the cops?

SO much hate, so little time.

I love em cause who else are you gonna call when your getting robbed?
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Re: OK Why do you *LOVE* the cops?

I generally feel comfortable walking my dog at night. Where would we be without them?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
      SO much hate, so little time.

I love em cause who else are you gonna call when your getting robbed?
      I think you're working under a minor misconception there. You generally don't call the police WHILE you're being robbed, you usually call them AFTERWORDS and hope they can catch the guy. Only in rare circumstances will police show up in time to interrupt a crime in progress.

So who do you call when you're getting robbed? Generally your options come down to either "your concealed carry license", or "no one, just give up your wallet peacefully".

That said, I still like having the police around.

Comment

Because my dad is a retired Sheriff's Deputy

~ Draken

Comment

Walking out of my neighborhood ACE hardware store, and there was a cop outside hiding behind a pillar waiting to nab a shoplifter that was about to come out. I told him "Good Job" and he smiled and shrugged his shoulders. He would probably rather be arresting really bad guys, but you know what, I just payed for my stuff, and the shoplifter should pay for his, cant stand a thief.. Truley cant friggin stand em.

Oh and I no longer fear them as Im not driving drunk or holding any dope...

Comment

The thing is that if you have nothing to hide then surely you have no reason to hate the cops?

I *LOVE* them because they are the subject of some epic films / TV shows. :row__537:

Comment

Originally posted by PaintScratcher View Post
              The thing is that if you have nothing to hide then surely you have no reason to hate the cops?
              To the best of my knowledge there's only ever been one person who had absolutely nothing to hide, because he was completely and totally innocent. He was arrested and executed.

So...I don't think I can agree with you here. :row__531:

Comment

Who was that? And i like cops sometimes. Last week of school the grad students did drive by water ballooning and were hitting people. The cops pulled over abot a dozen cars and one that was patrolling my street. Lucky i didnt get hit or there would have been some dead grad kids :p
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
                  Who was that?
                  I think he was referring to Jesus. :row__582:

Comment

I love real cops that investigate real crimes like murder, rape, robbery, etc. Not these phony drug warrior cops that roam the country arresting people for victimless crimes. And act as if they are making such a difference with their over the top self righteous pro-state attitude. I love the cold case detectives that keep plugging away on old cases that everyone, except the victims family, have long forgotten about. Cops that go the extra mile to find these murderers that seemed to have slipped thru the cracks and gotten away. Cold case units are often under funded and lack important resources. The drug enforcement units on the other hand seem to have unlimited resources and personnel. Whats more important, finding that drug dealer or finding that murderer or robber? I think you know my answer. Its just another example of the police priorities being completely misguided. But dont take my word for it, read this article below.

U.S. cold case squads fight for life, funding
                    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
                      I love real cops that investigate real crimes like murder, rape, robbery, etc. Not these phony drug warrior cops that roam the country arresting people for victimless crimes. And act as if they are making such a difference with their over the top self righteous pro-state attitude. I love the cold case detectives that keep plugging away on old cases that everyone, except the victims family, have long forgotten about. Cops that go the extra mile to find these murderers that seemed to have slipped thru the cracks and gotten away. Cold case units are often under funded and lack important resources. The drug enforcement units on the other hand seem to have unlimited resources and personnel. Whats more important, finding that drug dealer or finding that murderer or robber? I think you know my answer. Its just another example of the police priorities being completely misguided. But dont take my word for it, read this article below.

U.S. cold case squads fight for life, funding
                      I agree with you sir, the money spent of drug wars is out of hand. The whole system needs to be reverted, the punishments are too severe and prisons are over crowded. Nearly 800,000 marijuana arrests occurred last year, less then 10% being for serious possession. Leave police to real crime, not monopolistic interests.

Comment

Diplomatic_Immunity, great reference to Lethal Weapon 2.

It is unfortunate that the money spent on fighting "The War on Drugs", is way out of control, and unfortunately the flow of drugs doesn't stop which is due to many key factors outside the borders of the United States....

I wouldn't say all punishments are too severe, and I love how people always bring up "Marijuana arrests", its too bad Nate Newton isn't a member of TG, I would love to see what he would have to say.
                        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                        Level I HazMat Technician
                        NYS EMT-B
                        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X