Highway Robbery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway Robbery

The Right of property is the guardian of every other Right, and to deprive the people of this, is in fact to deprive them of their Liberty” Arthur Lee
    This sounds like a great quote that exudes everything thats good about America right? Well apparently not in Tenaha, Texas. Full story on CNN Here.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJsF6W53b9M[/media]

Here are some other sources from major newspapers.

Driving through Tenaha, Texas, doesn't pay for some
    Highway robbery? Texas police seize black motorists' cash, cars

NPR has done an excellent series on the issue of asset forfeiture and can be viewed on the link below.

Dirty Money: Asset Seizures and Forfeitures

This story actually broke last month, but I was so in awe by how long they have been doing this and the amount of money the police have stolen from average law abiding Americans.
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Re: Highway Robbery

This is sad on so many levels... It it people like this that give all Police a bad rap.

~ Draken

Comment

I read the story when it first broke a few months ago and was taken back by it as well. It almost reads like fiction, like something you would see in a movie and then some cool average-joe rises up and smacks down the corruption. Oh, wait, I believe that describes Walking Tall. Interesting how life mirrors the fantastic sometimes.

Comment

So is the case still under investigation? I would like to know both sides of the story. But since the DA and the Police are not saying anything, then I can only assume that there is something fishy going on.
        "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

It's being investigated on the state and federal levels. The DA there wont be doing much besides being disbarred considering the story I read indicated the DA had been getting kickbacks from the cops the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            I read the story when it first broke a few months ago and was taken back by it as well. It almost reads like fiction, like something you would see in a movie and then some cool average-joe rises up and smacks down the corruption. Oh, wait, I believe that describes Walking Tall. Interesting how life mirrors the fantastic sometimes.
            So now we need a pro wrestler to go in and start smashing people with a 4x4? Honestly it's not that far from the feeling I had reading about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adiventure View Post
              So now we need a pro wrestler to go in and start smashing people with a 4x4? Honestly it's not that far from the feeling I had reading about it.
              If you mean smashing corruption with a 4x4 then yeah let him swing ;)

~ Draken

Comment

Originally posted by Adiventure View Post
                You mean like the previous governor of Minnesota? :D
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X